Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there are going to be any contingency programs this year for either Rally America or NASA?

I recall RA saying about a year ago that they were working on some contingency programs, but nothing seemed to have come from it.

Would be fantastic if there were some this year--contingency awards can really help out the teams, especially the smaller ones.

-k

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
RE: Rally America & NASA Contingency Programs

Subaru is again offering their contingency awards in the Rally America Championship, as described on the following pages:

http://www.vtcar.com/subaru05/about.htm
http://rally.subaru.com

Subaru-driving competitors are eligible for $500 start money per event and the prize fund per event is $2500/2000/1500/1250/1000/750 in for first through sixth in GrN and $1250/1000/750 for first through third in PGT.

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
But once again, nothing for NASA????? I know I entered this game knowing the quick way to make $1,000,000 was to start with $2,000,000. But it sure would be nice if both sides could get the same little pittance of support.

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
The Subaru deal is bigger and better this year... I have Race Tech seats all but finished... and several more in the hopper.

J.B. Niday

·
Registered
452 Posts
We (Silverstone/Tabor Rally Team) will be announcing a RA & NASA contingency program at the end of the month. Will include RA Nationals, NASA Nationals, all including the regional events that may run with them. Also *may* be including WSRC events as well.

Mark Tabor
www.taborrallyteam.com

·
Registered
106 Posts
Was there any contingency programs with Silverstone Tires last year?
I asked a few times at the events last year but never got a straight answer and am currently trying to decide what tires to run in 06.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
>Would be fantastic if there were some this year--contingency
>awards can really help out the teams, especially the smaller
>ones.
>
>-k

Here's a list of NASA discounts that help out the small teams, available to all NASA Members regardless of type of vehicle driven:

Parts Discounts:

Gruppe-S Engineering [www.gruppe-s.com]: Gruppe-S Engineering is an authorized dealer for Endless/Zeal, Tein, HKS, Comptech, Porterfield, etc. and also imports OEM and aftermarket parts from Japan. They offer all NASA members 5% off their website price on all Zeal and Tein coilover systems along with Endless brake products.

PartsQuest [www.partsquest.com]: The PartsQuest "RACER-CASH" Discount program allows NASA members to save big on all parts purchased at PartsQuest.com. Members can also track their purchases on-line for easy review.

PDQ Motorsports [www.pdqmotorsports.com]: PDQ Motorsports is pleased to offer NASA members 15% off the purchase of Cobalt Friction. A 15% discount will also apply to Techna-Fit stainless steel brake lines.

Porterfield Brakes [www.porterfieldbrakes.com]: NASA members receive 20% off retail prices for Porterfield and Hawk brand pads and 10% off retail for Raybestos and Performance Friction pads. This is a deep discount and will add up to hundreds in savings over a typical race season.

PowerLong USA [www.speedymotorsports.com]: PowerLong USA offers NASA members a 33% discount off the regular suggested retail price for their filters.

Race Shopper [www.raceshopper.com]: Any NASA Member will receive FREE Domestic US Shipping on any order totaling over $50.

Rocketeer Performance [www.rocketeerperformance.com]: Rocketeer Performance distributes a variety of products including the Power Tank Track Pack and Precision Brake Kits. NASA members can get a standing 10% discount on the Power Tank Track Packs as well as 15% off all stock Precision Brake Kits.

Tankslapper Autosport [www.tankslapperautosport.com]: NASA members receive 5% off all purchases, including the HANS device, with free shipping. Be sure to check out the package deals for new racers.

TCE Performance Products [www.tceperformanceproducts.com]: NASA members receive $100 off any one of their performance brake kits and $200 off kits used on track duty Dodge Neon SRT-4's.

Wheels America [www.fixrim.com]: NASA members receive $20.00 off the retail price of wheel repair at all Wheels America locations. Wheels America can fix almost any damage and offers a lifetime guarantee. Get those bent rims fixed by calling Wheels America today!

Racing School Discounts:

Mid-Ohio School: NASA members are eligible for a 15% discount off any driving or racing program offered by The Mid-Ohio School.

Car Rental Discounts:

AVIS: NASA Members can receive $10 off a weekly rental or a free weekend day.

Hertz: NASA Members can receive a Free Child Seat, $15 off a weekend rental, $10 off a week rental, and a one car class upgrade.

Cruise America: NASA Members can receive a 10% discount off RV rental.

Lodging Discounts:

Red Roof Inns: NASA Members can receive a discount off at nationwide Red Roof Inns.

For more information, please visit the NASA national site, www.nasaproracing.com and register if you are a member in order to obtain the discount codes.

219 Posts
Hankook contingency link

Here is the program for Hankook Tires!

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/motor/motor_contingency_forms.asp
They have a program for Rally America National and Regional as well as NASA.

Notice the class win bonus for 5 or more starters in RA National.. it's pretty much a set of tires!

Cheers, Matthew

PS, Tanner and I don't qualify for this program. (see below)
EDIT!!!! I was wrong, we actually DO qualify for this program. I'm suggesting to their manager that it gets edited for next season.

·
Right Side Ballast
775 Posts
R-A has contingency programs with both PIAA and Racetech. Details are on the R-A web site, but you have to dig a little bit to find them. Decals are available from R-A.

Dick

·
Registered
410 Posts
In attempt to summarize (will edit as needed):

NASA offers the following contingencies...

Ford - Spec focus (Hankook, DMS, Racetech, Team Dynamics, Ford Racing)
Mazda
Racetech seats
Silverstone tires
Hankook tires
discounts as posted by wilson

Rally America offers the following contigencies.....

Subaru
Mazda
Racetech seats
Silverstone tires
Hankook tires
DMS discount
PIAA lights

1 - 14 of 14 Posts