Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean to be one of those around here who can ALWAYS find something to grouse about (you know who you/they are...)

BUT...

It's striking that the press release about the ClubRally nat'l championship on the opening page doesn't mention the name of a single co-driver.

Gonna take a page from the FIA and take our names off the cars next?

Rob McLelland

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's because the CRNC is a DRIVERS' championship. The top 3 DRIVERS in each region are invited. They can bring along whatever ballast they want to sit on the right.

But yeah, a little recognition for those of us who made the trip to talk all weekend would've been nice. I also noticed at the event that most of the interviews, quotes, updates, etc, were very driver-weighted.

But get used to it. All rally publicity I've seen, from WRC on down, is mostly about the drivers. The kids don't want to get their picture taken sitting on the co-driver's side, they don't want your autograph as much, etc, etc. The drivers get the glory. Good co-drivers have to make do with lots of appreciation from their drivers and not many others.

Kala Rounds
2004 CRNC G5 Champion Ride-along

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>That's because the CRNC is a DRIVERS' championship. The top 3
>DRIVERS in each region are invited. They can bring along
>whatever ballast they want to sit on the right.

Since the CRN Codrivers titles aren't decided at the CRNC, but by a rather arcane scoring method that doesn't require them to compete against each other, it isn't really part of the CRNC. Mostly nobody notices or remembers (right Alan?) who won in any given year.

Adrian

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
>That's because the CRNC is a DRIVERS' championship. The top 3
>DRIVERS in each region are invited. They can bring along
>whatever ballast they want to sit on the right.
>
>But yeah, a little recognition for those of us who made the
>trip to talk all weekend would've been nice. I also noticed at
>the event that most of the interviews, quotes, updates, etc,
>were very driver-weighted.
>
>But get used to it. All rally publicity I've seen, from WRC on
>down, is mostly about the drivers. The kids don't want to get
>their picture taken sitting on the co-driver's side, they
>don't want your autograph as much, etc, etc. The drivers get
>the glory. Good co-drivers have to make do with lots of
>appreciation from their drivers and not many others.
>
>Kala Rounds
>2004 CRNC G5 Champion Ride-along

Co-Drivers must be satisfied with knowing they get paid the big bucks for making the drivers look good.}(

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
Well, they can always turn into.....ORGANIZERS! THAT'LL get 'em the press and prestige they deserve. Right Joe?

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
>
>Well, they can always turn into.....ORGANIZERS! THAT'LL get
>'em the press and prestige they deserve. Right Joe?
>
>Kim DeMotte
>Official Old Fart, etc.
>

Yep! Money, too. Now that 100AW is over, the entire Sno*Drift organizing committee is going to Aruba for a month.

Oops. I just got an e-mail from Don. Seems Montmorency County is being substituted for Aruba, and removing banner tape in 2 feet of snow will replace sunning on the beach.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>Well, they can always turn into.....ORGANIZERS! THAT'LL get
>'em the press and prestige they deserve. Right Joe?
>
>Kim DeMotte
>Official Old Fart, etc.

That's what I keep telling myself.

Ben
Not Yet an Old Fart

·
Registered
83 Posts
I will be the first to say that with out my co-driver, Carl Fisher, I would have struggled more at the CRNC. Carl Fisher kept me straight, focused and on the floor through most of the event. It is a shame that he and the rest of the co-drivers do not get a mention in the press release.

So a big thank you from me to Carl Fisher, it would not have worked as well with out your advice and note calling ability.

Bob Wall

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
this is new?

Get used to it.

>doesn't mention the name of a
>single co-driver.
>

press on,

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
>It's striking that the press release about the ClubRally nat'l
>championship on the opening page doesn't mention the name of a
>single co-driver.

Hey, Rob, I think it's because they'll be writing a separate press release about only the codriver champions (hint, hint!) since we earn our championships differently.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Damn Joe, I already went out and bought a new tube of sun screen and flip flops.:+

Maybe next year.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts