Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the withdrawl of Subaru, Mitsubishi and Air Force Reserve...

Is Rally America going to do their thing again this year (I'm suspecting they are)?

Their website doesn't really have anything new on it about Sno*Drift. Figured there would be something by now.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Their website doesn't really have anything new on it about
>Sno*Drift. Figured there would be something by now.

Trevor:

The rally has started and nothing yet on their website. Usually they have some pre-start chit-chat, but nothing so far.

Hopefully, it will start-up soon.

Lots of people up here in the Great White North interested in how ACP and Pat will do.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
107 Posts
>Their website doesn't really have anything new on it about
>Sno*Drift. Figured there would be something by now.

'was wondering the same thing this morning. Usually they post pics from the pre-event festivities.

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
Whee!

Working now!

Fri 30-Jan-04 14:41 Welcome the the Sno*Drift ProRally and the start of the 2004 season. We have a field of 55 getting ready to take the start from Lewiston, Michigan. The temperature is about 10 degees and the wind is blowing making it feel well below zero. The first car will be leaving here at 3:01 to run Special Stage 1, Special Stage 2, Special Stage 3, Special Stage 4 before coming back for the first service. We will have the start order up as soon as the final changes have been made.

The practice stage was a 3 mile stage run this morning where the major concern was finding the proper tire, Blizzak's or Hakka's seem to be the popular choice. We will have some images from the practice stage up soon.

Fri 30-Jan-04 14:44 #S591 have no rally computer, David says he knows the roads pretty well and they aren't too worried about it.

Fri 30-Jan-04 14:51 #S508 had a little problem at the practice stage this morning, their service truck was hit by a civillian vehicle. Pam tells us when Tom has some sort of oops before an event they always seem to do well....they hope this counts as the oops and is a good omen.

Fri 30-Jan-04 15:19 #S72 are happy to be in the car again after an absence of a little over a year. The team plans to try and make at least six events this season including Pikes Peak.

-Mark Holden

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
RE: Whee!

Good to see that they are on line now.

Is it normal for them to only use the car number in the updates?

It would be nice if they used the driver/co-driver names.

Doug Woods

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts

I've e-mailed Al about the names, if there's a way to fix it I'm sure he'll find it.

Anybody know who #540 is? They started 30 minutes late (no remaining MPL, huh?) and that number isn't on Rally-America's entry list.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Banned
183 Posts

>Anybody know who #540 is? They started 30 minutes late (no
>remaining MPL, huh?) and that number isn't on
>Rally-America's entry list.

Tim Smigowski and Scott Carlborn in a 91 Mits Eclipse PGT according to the Sno-drift website.

Rob

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

Hi Al live from the Rally America truck.
I did have a problem with names associating with numbers.
I fixed that and hope all is better.
Our new dish seems to be working pretty well in the bad
weather we are having here.
Someone said they emailed me, well I've been busy and probably won't check emails until much later in the day. Thanks for thinking of us though.
Must process some scores now.

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Update

ACP unoffically leads after 4 stages (car 20 with no name on Rally-America site) and Havir is the only retirement (per Sno*Drift site).

I'm sure the Rally-America people are busy scoring or dealing with the weather or both.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

1 - 20 of 43 Posts