Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rally America will be doing its usual online updates for the SCCA ProRally classes at the Pike's Peak International Hillclimb this weekend. We'll be covering practice on Thursday and Friday as well as the competition on Saturday....satellite gods willing.

Don't forget that all competition on the Hill is over by about 10 AM MDT, so you'll just have to log in from work on Thursday and Friday to get the latest news ;-). If you're in the area, stop by the big white truck and say hello. If not, check www.rally-america.com.

Information on the "Race to the Clouds" is at www.ppihc.com

Bruce

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Pikes Peak is sanctioned by SCCA this year isn't it? And it is a Pro Rally isn't it? How do competitors deal with the spectator issue if they happen to see them anywhere along the side of the course?

Just curious. Oh, nevermind.

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
946 Posts
>Pikes Peak is sanctioned by SCCA this year isn't it? And it
>is a Pro Rally isn't it? How do competitors deal with the
>spectator issue if they happen to see them anywhere along
>the side of the course?
>
>Just curious. Oh, nevermind.
>
>Kent Gardam

I fail to see the humor in this post. There are two children without a father because SCCA didn't take care of the spectator problem in a timely manner. If they overreact now, I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
366 Posts
>>Pikes Peak is sanctioned by SCCA this year isn't it? And it
>>is a Pro Rally isn't it? How do competitors deal with the
>>spectator issue if they happen to see them anywhere along
>>the side of the course?
>>
>>Just curious. Oh, nevermind.
>>
>>Kent Gardam
>
>I fail to see the humor in this post. There are two children
>without a father because SCCA didn't take care of the
>spectator problem in a timely manner. If they overreact now,
>I don't see the problem.

Trevor-if you've ever been to Pikes Peak you would understand. Add to that the mountain is a major event known world wide, the out come is more important outside the states then in.

On another note sometimes accident happen and a signing blame/fault doesn't change a thing. I believe rally in the past was not a problem for spectators-drivers late on the road yes. I also believe that spectating will suffer and so will rally with spectator containment issues. I know it works in the UK but look at the traffic issues there. Yank's don't like waiting in line to be told where to go and what to do. Your hard line opinion is noted!

Pikes Peak is truely amazing and I highly recommend going to see the climb while it is still being run-with enviroment issues one never knows when things may change.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Trevor,

I tried to send the following to you as either an email or as a private message through the site but wasn't able to access either. Perhaps those features are not working at the moment:

My response was not intended to provoke humor but to point out the irony of trying to apply SCCA's new rally spectating regulations to this long established event of which prorally is just a part of a much bigger whole. I have no personal knowledge but it would seem that the SCCA's newly ramped up interest in spectator safety will be forced to make allowances for the way that the Pike's Peak organizing committee has traditionally conducted its event.

On reflection my post could easily have been taken as an unfeeling shot at the memory of the lost and for that I apologize. Words should be chosen carefully on a public forum.

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Why do I not see the Mitsubishi SCCA entries on the list? As posted on the ppihc site - appears to be for 2003 but it's maybe last year's? But no Millen?

Akaba, Masayuki
Gubelmann, Wyeth
Havir, Doug
Havas, Chris
Lovell, Mark
Maguire, Geoffrey
Niday, John
O'Niel, Tim
Unser, Robby
Utecht, Mark
Zwart, Jeff

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
One of the press releases for this year's hill climb indicates the following:

SCCA Pro Rally
1, David Higgins, Wales, United Kingdom, 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.
4, Mark Lovell, Avon, Great Britain, 2003 Subaru Impreza.
5, Ramana Langemann, Alaton, Mass., 2003 Subaru Impreza.
6, Lauchlin O'Sullivan, San Francisco, 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.
11, Jeff Zwart, Woody Creek, Colo., 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution.
29, Tim O'Neil, Franconia N.H., 2002 Ford Focus.
52, Doug Shepherd, Plymouth, Minn., 2003 Dodge SRT-4.
62, Dave Kean, Everett, Wash., and Chris Havas, Richmond, Vt., 2001 Volkswagen Golf.
83, Mark Utecht, Stacy, Minn., and Jeff Secor, Hudsonville, Minn., 2002 Subaru WRX.
84, John Niday, Richfield, Minn., and Allan Kintigh, Andover, Minn., 1997 Subaru Impreza.
86, Masayuki Akba, Tochigi, Japan, 2001 Mitsubishi Lancer.
88, Scott Putnam, Richfield, Minn., and Doug Havir, Golden Valley, Minn., 2002 Subaru WRX.
89, Wolfgang Hoeck, Thousand Oaks, Calif., 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer.
103, Wyeth Gubelmann, Placerville, Colo., 2002 Subaru WRX.
306, Julie Lin, Thousand Oaks, Calif., 2002 Mitsubishi Evolution.
374, Leon Styles, Mission Viejo, Calif., 2002 Mitsubishi Evolution.
456, Brian Moody, Denver, Colo., 1990 Audi S2.
470, Geoffrey Maguire, Austin, Texas, 2000 Subaru WRX.

Kent Gardam

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Probably from some guy in CO (Colorado) who thinks that MI is an abbreviation for Minnesota?

Since we are on abbreviations - who is this guy "John" driving JB Niday's car?

press on,

>Wonder when they picked up Hudsonville, MICHIGAN and moved
>it to MN???
>
>JBLewis

·
Registered
533 Posts
heh!! I had noticed that they had switched Scott Putnam and Doug Havir's seats, but had missed "John Niday"

JBLewis (another John)

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
>Probably from some guy in CO (Colorado) who thinks that MI
>is an abbreviation for Minnesota?
>

I see Doug Shepherd now resides in Minnesota as well...

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
>I see Doug Shepherd now resides in Minnesota as well...

They are all prey of the dark side!

Mark

·
Registered
533 Posts
It's not so bad... I mean, like, the first Minnesota rally I competed at, I was told that if they really liked me, they'd try to get me to move to Minnesota... They'd even find me a girl in Minnesota if that's what it took and well... gee... I married a Minnesota girl didn't I?

JBLewis

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
>
>>I see Doug Shepherd now resides in Minnesota as well...
>
>They are all prey of the dark side!
>
>Mark

Actually, I see some sort of communist plot (or is it Jesse Ventura ?) that merely "relocates" those that the MN folks can't beat. <ducking, and, running, quickly>

press on,

·
Registered
130 Posts
We're here, and the satellite gods are smiling on us for once. The entry list posted above is correct (barring the occasional hometown glitch) with the exception of Jeff Zwart, who has withdrawn.

The Hill has taken its toll already, and this is just practice. Check out the updates at www.rally-america.com.

Bruce
Rally America

·
Registered
946 Posts
My new Heros

It was brought to my attention that the link was done in a manner that is a copyright problem.

It was a picture of JB & Al with a couple of ladies that are... very attractive :) You can see it on the Rally-America site.

Mad Mike and I have an even better reason to run Pikes Peak next year. Plus I could be first on the road!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RE: My new Heros

Mike, Mike, Mike...you of all people should know that Pike's Peak exists in its own universe. :)

Bruce

1 - 20 of 24 Posts