Vote Libertarian next time!
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rally Against Parkinson's
September 9th
Start at Portland Int'l Raceway
Finish at Pearson Air Museum, Vancouver, WA
Registration 10:30am

The Rally Against Parkinson's, scheduled for September 9th is pleased and proud to announce an addition to the silent auction from Team O'Neil Rally School. Owner, Tim O'Neil, has donated a three day rally school at his 560 acre spread of forest stages. This is a $3,392 value! Everything is included in this package, the car, safety equipment (if you do not choose to use your own), hat & t-shirt, a diploma and on the first day a lunch is included. Winning bidder assumes costs of transportation to and from New Hampshire and lodging.

Tim also offered that you can opt to expand the package to four or five days for just the added cost over and above the cost of the three day school. We cannot thank Team O'Neil enough for their support of Parkinson's Resources and our event.

Other items recently added to the silent auction include:

A ride-a-long with the Vancouver Police Department
An MSD 6AL Ignition (part number #6425) ( www.msdignition.com )
Gift Baskets from the Vancouver Farmers Market filled with items from various vendors ( www.vancouverfarmersmarket.com )
Psychic Readings from Renee Madsen ( www.askrenee.com )
Autographed copy of Jeff Zurschmeide's book How To Build & Equip your Automotive Workshop On A Budget
An original creation from Chrissie Beavis ( www.chrissiebeavis.com )
Items from Charles Buren and Safe Drives
Clothing from Global Grind

And many many more items not listed and even more to come. This year is the absolute don't miss event to attend! PIR Regularity Laps, a four hour tour rally, barbecue dinner and silent auction at the Historic Pearson Air Museum at Fort Vancouver. There is something for everyone!

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts
John,

Where can people place the bids for this silent auction? Only in person? I want to support the event.

Also, I don't like cross posting but the weight of the issue as well as the auction items demands you post in the broader forums :) .

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This has been discussed about the silent auction. People will have to be present to bid on the auction. If someone just wants to attend the dinner and auction and not run the rally and the regularity laps then they will have to pay at the door of the Pearson Air Museum to get in at a price slightly above the entry fee of the event ($25), probably $35-$40.
Now, if someone is not in the area and cannot attend if you have contacts in the area then I suppose you can send a proxy to the event, but please do not use people that are already attending the rally as that really is cheating the charity. This event, while fun and amazing in the amount of items we have (with more amazing announcements to come!), is about people suffering everyday with the ravaging effects of Parkinson's Disease, including some of our own volunteers. So do the right thing and support the event first which supports the cause, then worry about grabbing whatever auction item you desire.

I want to put on a great event and make an unforgettable day for the entrants, but I want to shatter the record for money raised more than anything else.
/end rant

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
P.S. Special Stage does not like cross posting and I support their stance. If an administrator wants to copy this thread and move it to different forums like USA and Canada and TSD/Rallycross then I support that decision, but I will not break the rules of specialstage.com.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Additional news about the event. We will have on-line entry system in place by mid-July and we will be able to take credit and debit card payments at both the registration for the event and for the silent auction.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen, the On-Line Entry is now open for the Rally Against Parkinson's!
Special thanks to Mike Gibeault for getting it done a month sooner than I needed it!
Go to http://www.rallydata.com
The link is right below the normal box that has entry opportunities; it is written in plain text. Click, fill out the boxes and click again!
No entry fees ($25) will be required until you get to registration on the day of the event.
"Unleash the hounds!" - Jerry Seinfeld

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are pleased to announce the addition of Exedy Clutch to the list of supporters of our event! Exedy is offering to the silent auction a Stage 1 Clutch (price capped at $350) which would work well in a street vehicle or a lower horsepower rally car like a Production or Open Light car or truck. For more information about the event check the Oregon Rally website of our Facebook Page (2012 Rally Against Parkinson's)

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are pleased to announce that Pro Drive ( www.prodrive.net ) has donated a $299 Skid Car School to the silent auction! We cannot thank them enough for supporting our event. This school has tremendous value to teenagers just learning to drive; it ensures that they will know what to do if they lose control of the vehicle. Obviously it would benefit drivers with limited rally time who want to know some secrets about sideways driving.
More announcements are coming soon.....

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lets add some additional items to the silent auction!

From SCCA - two annual memberships
From Tanner Foust - Assorted Tanner Foust Racing and Top Gear items
From Andrew Comrie-Picard - Assorted Scion Racing Team items
From Lucas Oil - A gift basket of products
From Umpqua Bank - A gift basket
From the Vancouver Police Department - A ride a long with Corporal Charlie Ford (in the front seat!)
From the Vancouver Farmers Market - A gift basket
From MSD Ignition - A 6AL Ignition Box
From Ken Block - SWAG!

And there is more, much more, but you'll have to come to the event to see it all.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some updates to remember when planning your day with us.

I-5 is scheduled to be closed Northbound that weekend so if you are coming from south of downtown please make sure you leave plenty of extra time to get to PIR on time for registration.

To answer several inquiries, you must be entered and paid in full at registration to take part in the silent auction at the Pearson Air Museum.

The rally has been laid out and measured. It is a nice, easy going event, very scenic and a lot of fun. If you never ran a TSD Rally before, this is the one you want to start with, it doesn't get easier than this.

Please pre-register for the event at http://www.rallydata.com look for the entry link about 2/3s the way down the page. We would like a decent head count for food buying purposes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts