Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the driver of the racing taxi from Rim, I am trying to find anyone that has pictures of my taxi cab (car #358) in action on a stage. If anyone has any pics or knows of anyone that has any pics please let me know. I am trying to put together a sponsorship proposal also so if anyone knows someone who wants to sponsor a very memorable car please let me know.

Cheers and Godspeed,

Branden

·
Registered
436 Posts
Branden,

Check the forum named, "Videos/pictures/requests". There are
half a dozen sets of Rim photos out there. I've seen you car
on at least two of them.

Rally On,
Patrick
(usually in) car #363

·
Registered
946 Posts
>I am the driver of the racing taxi from Rim, I am trying to
>find anyone that has pictures of my taxi cab (car #358) in
>action on a stage. If anyone has any pics or knows of
>anyone that has any pics please let me know. I am trying to
>put together a sponsorship proposal also so if anyone knows
>someone who wants to sponsor a very memorable car please let
>me know.
>
>Cheers and Godspeed,
>
>Branden

Mark Lovell had this to say at the Awards Sunday morning:

He said when he got to the top he had no idea how he was going to get back down the stage, and then he saw the yellow taxi...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Do you live in the SD area? I saw you driving your yeallow cab (rally car) on the I5 South by O'Side as I was heading back from RIM myself.

-george

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that was me on the freeway. I cant afford to buy a trailer yet so every race I go to I just have one on hold for me at the nearest U-Haul. It may not be the most professional way to do it but it gets me to the races. By the way, if anyone knows of a twin axle trailer or a mig welder for sale for a good price let me know.

I also want to thank all the fans that attended Rim and all other rallys. Without you guys there would be no rally racing so from the bottom of my heart thank you. :D

Cheers and Godspeed,

Branden

·
Registered
901 Posts
Your car was one of the best ones out there at Rim. :) A couple of us service folks were waiting for our cars to show at Lake Hughes, and we saw you come driving in. After standing in the cold rain and wind waiting, your car definitely put smiles on our faces! :) One of the guys said he almost expected his guys to hop out of the back and start giving you money... the image kept us giggling for quite a while! :)

Good job at Rim, you guys finished where others did not. :)

Kristen

·
Registered
689 Posts
More competitors should do things your less "profesional" way. As I told you at tech , you guys are having waaay more fun than alot of the seriuos folk. There are at least a dozen CRS members who started by driving thier cars to events , in fact I know of at least three competitors who had to drive their Rally Car home from Rim. We loved the car at tech and liked it even more when you came to ATC and we saw the TAXI sign on the roof actually lit up!!! The only suggestion I could offer is you really need to put a dummy fare in the back.

Tom Grossmann

·
Registered
724 Posts
Branden I have those yellow bulbs you wanted, email me your address and I will send them to you.

Jeff
#389 Toyota Starlet

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you give me your email I can email you all of the pictures I have so far. Some of them are on the Rim of the World website but I have a few more and I should hopefully soon have my own pictures developed.

Cheers and Godspeed,
Branden

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeff,
Do you know what kind of bulbs those are? I want to get some yellow bulbs just to go good with my yellow car. I know they do almost nothig but they look cool. Anyways, email me.

Cheers and Godspeed,
Branden

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The only
>suggestion I could offer is you really need to put a dummy
>fare in the back.
>

The fare rates need to be painted on the side, and a meter with a flag the codriver could put down as they start a stage wouldn't hurt.

As Dick Turner once said, "If you can't be fast, be weird."

Bruce

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the advice, I am going to put my "fares" on the side right behind the SCCA number backing. It should turn out pretty cool I think. And by the way, I lOVE that quote, it should be my life's moto! :D

Cheers and Godspeed,
Branden

·
Registered
768 Posts
- That's a cool car!

- I always had yellow head lights so my service could tell when I was coming in. Jeff may have my old bulbs?

- I used to have "Driver carries NO cash" on the side of my Taxi Volvo... 10 years later I run into Peter Cunningham, who was at the same rally, and he remembered me and my Volvo from that text! It works to be weird...

PS. 1967 Ambulance rotating beacon (12") for sale! Works great. Good for rally car! $ 50.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where did you get your yellow headlights from? I really want some for my car but I just cant find any, please let me know. Thank you.

Cheers and Godspeed,
Branden

·
Registered
35 Posts
Go Club!!!

>More competitors should do things your less "profesional"
>way. As I told you at tech , you guys are having waaay more
>fun than alot of the seriuos folk. There are at least a
>dozen CRS members who started by driving thier cars to
>events , in fact I know of at least three competitors who
>had to drive their Rally Car home from Rim.

I agree! I thought our crowd was a hell of a lot of fun--the Super Beetle, the Taxi, the Mini, those crazy RX-7 guys, and everyone else. It felt great to see so many competitors putting their hearts into the sport. Go Club! Personally, we had a blast driving our MR2 to the race and back, with the added thrill of no service vehicle and only one service guy (a good friend, just there to hang out). We got out there, got the car muddy, and now we can't wait for the next race. Hope to see you all there!

By the way, Tom, great to see you at the race!

Adarsh

·
Registered
151 Posts
>Thank you for the advice, I am going to put my "fares" on
>the side right behind the SCCA number backing. >Cheers and >Godspeed

For the ultimate in taxi authenticity, you need to add a few extra miles onto each stage, taking the scenic route to the FF. Don't forget the all-important beaded seat cover and the Dale Earnhardt #3 rubberized steering wheel cover

:+

·
Registered
946 Posts
>>Thank you for the advice, I am going to put my "fares" on
>>the side right behind the SCCA number backing. >Cheers and >Godspeed
>
>For the ultimate in taxi authenticity, you need to add a few
>extra miles onto each stage, taking the scenic route to the
>FF. Don't forget the all-important beaded seat cover and the
>Dale Earnhardt #3 rubberized steering wheel cover
>
>
>:+

Doesn't really low tire pressure also add to the miles? I saw that on 60 minutes once.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts