Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
L5- into R4 o.c. /smCR
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rally in Paradise Old Dirty

Our good good friend and competitor Old Dirty was laid to rest this weekend on stage 3 of the Prescott Rally. After a long and fulfilled life as rally truck, OD could not take the rally-related beating any longer and left this world in a spectacular crash.

Having just been cured from previous rally injuries in the Laengworks hospital, Old Dirty was looking forward to a big comeback at the Prescott Rally. Unfortunately, he could not take the abuse by driver Chuck "The Crash" Wilson any longer and tragically left this world on the Witty Tom South stage.

Chuck and stunt co-driver Guido Hamacher tried CPR by blowing cigar smoke up his nostrils to no avail. "We knew he was in serious condition when he wouldn't take a drink from the Tequila flask" explained Chuck. Old Dirty, who had just inked a deal with a big Hollywood production company to host the new TV show "Pimp My Mexican Gardening Truck", was declared dead on the scene by the sweep vehicle.

Old Dirty is survived by his sons Pinky and Old Dirty Jr. His wife Rolli Poly bit the dust earlier this year at the Desert Storm rally.

His life's story in pictures:

Old Dirty developed an upside-down view of the world early in life. (-: Here at Seed 9 in 2006.

A big moment in OD's life was the Seed 9 Rally in 2007, when Chuck became "the FIRST EVER driver to win stage 5 of the Seed 9 rally in a Nissan pickup truck". (Don't ask if you missed that party.)

At Desert Storm 07 OD kept going, no matter what Crash Wilson did to him...

...however, the fact that TWO tires came off the rim at Rim 07 indicated that Chuck might be a bit hard on the material. Insiders started worrying about OD's long-term health situation.

Here, the top-heavy Miss Blythe waves the green flag for Old Dirty. Chuck takes good notice.

OD, who had just recovered from previous life-threatening injuries, was in good spirits at the Prescott Rally. With a fresh coat of paint, he was looking forward to making easy work of the task at hand.

Nobody imagined that this sunset would be OD's last...

... but only a few hours later, he was on his roof after rolling violently a good number of times.

Old Dirty was seriously bent out of shape.

He also suffered massive head injuries.

Poor Old Dirty and the man who abused him - Chuck "The Crash" Wilson.

Old Dirty's sons Old Dirty Jr. and Pinky.

Rally in Paradise, Old Dirty.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I dunno, I think it should be renamed "The Phoenix". I bet a dollar it will rise once again from the ashes to strike fear in the hearts of boulders, cacti, and small rodents whose burrows are near the edge of a well marked course. :)

Nice retrospective. A standing salute to Chuck's reaction to Ms. Blythe!

Edit: I see the source of the bad karma -- an RA sticker next to a NASA number backer. Shame shame. Had you not crashed, surely there should have been an inquiry!

...Brian...

·
Right Side Ballast
775 Posts
RIP indeed, Old Dirty, and may you be reincarnated as a Dirty Car; perhaps one with a more forgiving disposition. Let's just be grateful that Chuck is "only" stiff and sore and that Guido is, apparently at least, completely unscathed.

Dick

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
OK, I'm touched.

Old Dirty was may personal tiewrap dispenser and cigar dispenser both on top of First View turn around.

Too bad nobody has a photo of the sign I (shamelessly) posted on the windscreen after it's demise.

OY VEY ! Chuck in something with a lower center of gravity ??? I am concerned and looking forward.

·
www.tommygunrally.com
1,541 Posts
Happy to say I got to co-drive in this truck before the untimely demise. Rally in heaven Ol Dirty Truck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Crash Video

THANKS GUIDO and all !! we (me and the dirt) are very touched. Old Dirty will live on !!. I have spent many hours torch cutting OD up and will be auctioning a Dirty piece of art at the banquet for the CRS Party Fund!!
Go to:

http://olddirtyracing.com/olddirtyblog/?cat=41

Archives -Prescott -2009 -Crash for in car !!

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
A lovely retrospective

Thank, Guido, for a lovely retrospective of OD.

Is this the same truck that excavated boulders in Reno? Is this the same truck that proved tough enough to whack a hill at the Quartzsite Rally, then start the second stage with an overheating engine and still fight on for half a stage before melting the spark plug wires into the case?

Rally On, OD.

Next?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts