Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question all.I was wondering how to get a car into the US so I can build it for rally.I have a Peugeot 205 that would make for a very fun Group 2 car but the only problem is its here in Germany with me.I have talked to Peugeot but there a pain...any help would be great!

Jay

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
Are you a member of the Armed Forces, or otherwise working for the government?? If so, you get one freebie car import. Other than that, good luck. You can go through an importer, but that cost big bucks. You can take it apart and ship it in pieces, but that's a pain. Best option is too have it race prepped in Europe, and ship it it over as a race car. It won't be street legal, but it will be here.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
107 Posts
Call these guys for the customs paperwork in the US. They can also help you find a forwarding company in Europe.
E.H. HARMS USA INC.
1201 CORBIN STREET
ELIZABETH, NJ 07201
908-353-1600 TEL.

It's realy not that expensive to get the car on US soil and past customs if you ship via boat. ~$1000

Easiest way to get the car to your door is to claim it as "sole purpose" as a race-only vehicle. DOT and EPA won't really look at the car.

Now getting license plates for the car will vary from state to state.

The folks at EH Harms imports rare cars all the time and knows the process.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks MVB for putting that information out there! I know several British drivers that want to bring their cars over, but did not know what the USA protocol to import a race car. Thanks I will tell them.

Denise McMahon

·
Registered
229 Posts
Or.. you could just drive it in through Mexico, right? They don't have any registration checks within 25 miles of the border depending on where you come in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts