Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
RE: Contacting SCCA's Board of Directors (BOD)

But don't tell any one that I am running for the BoD. There might be an actual rally person on the board if it was known. Okay, sarcasm mode off. Tell everyone you know in the Southwest Division to vote for me.

But as I understand the SCCA national by-laws, requiring an election to determine the members of the various boards would require a change in the by-laws. I will be glad to send any one who wishes the directions on how to accomplish this.

But just remember, it is hard to recall some one. Look at Gray Davis. He is still governor. At least for a few days more. :)

Richard J. Miller
Candidate for Board of Directors
Area 7

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts

Section 3. Appointment of Committees. The Board of Directors shall appoint such other committees and boards as shall be necessary to regulate the competition activities of the Club and to advise and assist the Board of Directors concerning the affairs of the Club, and shall appoint the chairperson thereof.

Section 4. Committees. The jurisdiction and procedures of such committees shall be established by the Board of Directors, which shall also specify the tenure of committee members and establish rules for the determination of quorums and voting for all committees.

Here is what the by-laws actually say. I feel that section 3 would have to be changed to allow for elections. It appears that Rich feels that Section 4 would allow the BoD to hold an election any way.

Richard

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts

Indeed NASA by its corporation is hoping that people vote for them with their dollars. It is in their interest to give the customer what he wants. While SCCA is organized so that club people put on events for other club people. We in the SCCA are both the customer of SCCA and the owner of SCCA providing ourselves services. At least it is supposed to work this way. It seems at times that the ownership feeling is being lost.
Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.