Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Does anyone have any info on what David Higgins plans on doing next season, given the "ridiculous" pullout of Mitsubishi? What about Lauchlin?

Best Wishes!
Simon Rapala

Boise ID

·
Registered
946 Posts
>Hello Everyone!
>
>Does anyone have any info on what David Higgins plans on
>doing next season, given the "ridiculous" pullout of
>Mitsubishi? What about Lauchlin?
>
>Best Wishes!
>Simon Rapala
>
>Boise ID

He lurks (David) on this board sometimes, perhaps we'll get the simple version.

Sno*Drift is getting close enough we'll know the answers to these questions soon enough.

I'm predicting the most wide open run for the National Championship since the first year of the Huyndai/

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's true, seems that Mark landed a ride in a Subaru with RED. The only thing that I've seen about David is that he's started a competition for up and coming drivers in Britain through his rally school, winner getting a ride in a Super 1600 or Group N car. I'm curious about why Mitsubishi didn't even consider him as a possibility for the works Lancer WRC. Clearly he's got the skill to compete with in the WRC, assuming that he has proper equipment. Any speculation?

Simon Rapala
Boise, ID

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I have a test contract with the WRC team, The big problem I have is that Mitsubishi made there dision too late, I had options of doing PWRC but we all thought we were sorted.
This also ment I could not do any of the driver try outs for the wrc team as they wanted me in the USA.

Mark is not driving for RED!

I am busy with the scholership, the winner gets a drive in a WRC car not a N car!
I am still talking to a team about doing SCCA again so we will just have to se what goes on.

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
946 Posts
>Hi
>
>
>I have a test contract with the WRC team, The big problem I
>have is that Mitsubishi made there dision too late, I had
>options of doing PWRC but we all thought we were sorted.
>This also ment I could not do any of the driver try outs for
>the wrc team as they wanted me in the USA.
>
>Mark is not driving for RED!
>
>I am busy with the scholership, the winner gets a drive in a
>WRC car not a N car!
>I am still talking to a team about doing SCCA again so we
>will just have to se what goes on.
>
>
>
>
> Drive it like you stole it

Thank you for taking the time to post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only thing that you can not have to enter is a MSA internationl licence.
There will be 3 rounds and the most it could cost if you got into the final 12 would be £700, good value when the price of the prize is worth £20k

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
>The only thing that you can not have to enter is a MSA
>internationl licence.
>There will be 3 rounds and the most it could cost if you got
>into the final 12 would be £700, good value when the price
>of the prize is worth £20k
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Drive it like you stole it

Is there a place I can find additional information on your scholarship?

Or an entry form?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
>If you e-mail [email protected] you will be sent info
>
>Thanks
>
>DH
>
>
>
>
>
>Drive it like you stole it

Simon,

Thanks for asking. Personally, as David stated, it is a bit late to put something together. Although I'm still looking for sponsorship on my own and doing everything I can to get some seat time in for next year, it does not look like there is much out there at the moment. Quite a shame for the whole team, as we all had thought Mitsu would be there next year. But, last year was an incredible blast. Hopefully I'll find some way to be out there again.

Happy Holidays,
Lauchlin

·
Registered
311 Posts
RE: Question on David Higgins

Lauchlin and Higgins,

If you don't have anything currently set up, you can join our team if you want. We don't have any money though, and you have to bring your own car...

I was really bummed when I heard the news of mitsu pulling out. But at the last TSD here, Utecht said it best "it was better to have your setup even if only for one year than not at all." (or something like that)
Good luck, and a lot of people hope to see you out this year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts