Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Who would JVL ban!!!!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know is it possible to compete in a Acura Integra in Gr. N3 in the up coming North American Championship, since the Integra was homoligated (sp??) under the Honda banner (it's only sold as an Acura in North America I belive and it's a Honda in the rest of the world.).

Can the Acura be homoligated or does a Honda have to be imported from Europe.

Any and all help is appreciated.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>I need to know is it possible to compete in a Acura Integra
>in Gr. N3 in the up coming North American Championship,
>since the Integra was homoligated (sp??) under the Honda
>banner (it's only sold as an Acura in North America I belive
>and it's a Honda in the rest of the world.).

Gord;

It should be possible to build an N3 Integra out of a North American shell. You need to get hold of the homologation papers (both A and N) for the car from ASN Canada FIA, and determine what differences exist between the homologated car and the one sold here. There quite possibly are bodywork, gear ratio, and engine differences.

>Can the Acura be homoligated or does a Honda have to be
>imported from Europe.

Ivor Wigham ran what was purported to be an N3 Integra at the 2001 Cherokee Trails rally. I do not know where the shell came from or how close it was to being a true N3 car, but you might want to try contactiong him.

>Any and all help is appreciated.

I hope some of this helps. The most important thing to do would be to get the homologation papers - they should be enough to tell you whether it is a practical proposition, and you'll need them anyway if it is.

Adrian

·
Who would JVL ban!!!!
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Adrian and Dave for the quick response. The info is not for me but for my cousin from Germany who is thinking of entering some of the CNAR championship rounds as he travels to North America on business quite often. He has an Honda Integra Type R that he runs in N3 in Germany, but he does not want to ship the car here as he still want's to run rounds in Germany when he is there. He knows that he can convert a car here into a Honda Integra from an Acura but he is trying to avoid playing around with the serial numbers. He is calling his ASN in Germany to find out the info but I'll pass on Ivor's info on to him so that he can make the contact directly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts