Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a FIA license really quick.........Who do I need to contact to get a FIA license from canada? I need one asap so I am just wondering who to contact?

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts
>I need a FIA license really quick.........Who do I need to
>contact to get a FIA license from canada? I need one asap so
>I am just wondering who to contact?

SCCA provides an FIA Licnse for PRO Rally License holders. Not sure if Canada can provide you a license base on your club license but, go ahead and try although I believe you have to get your FIA License from your country of residence from the ASN of the US which is ACCUS.

Any ACCUS memeber can get you the license including USAC who is the FIA sanctioning body for Ramada this weekend.

I copied the following from Appendex L of the FIA International Sporting Code for a Class C License which is the lowest FIA License and required for rallies:

3 - QUALIFICATION FOR GRADE C CONTENTS: The Grade C licence is issued by the driver's ASN, which will determine the criteria to be met, which must include a period of probation with the highest grade of national licence.

It confirms my belief that ACCUS thru a member club in your ASN, the United States issues the license from the highest grade of National License. Since you don't have a ProRally License which is the highest grade of National License in the US, looks like you may not be able to get an FIA License until you get a PRO unless USAC or another ACCUS member can get it for you.

Looks like Canada is out. What event are you looking for a license for?

David Weiman
[email protected]

·
Registered
665 Posts
The 'FIA International Rally Licence' is issued by ASN Canada FIA

It is required for all rally events listed on the FIA International Calendar.

You must have held a national or regional rally driver licence within the last three calendar years;

Must have finished one national or two regional special stage rallies;

To maintain, must have competed in one international or national rally within previous 24 months;

Requires a medical.

Robin

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am seed 5 so I can get a prorally license..........which means I can get a FIA license here in the united states " I just need a FIA number asap for that contest over in Austria" I thought there might be a way to bypass paying for my prorally license.....but I guess I am stuck paying for both :) I am not very lucky at contest but what the hell :)

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts
>You don't need a Pro Rally lic.
>
>You don't need a Grade C lic.
>
>Look at post no. 3

Yes he does if he is a US citizen. The FIA license must be issued by the your ASN which means Canadians get them from Canada and US citizens get them from ACCUS.

Don't understand not needing a Grade C license, that is for rally only, read the requirements I quoted from the FIA web site which calls what you call a rally only license a Class C license. Requirements may vary by country ASN but, the Appendex L specifies the highest national license. CARS may include regional license holders but, that may not be in accordance with Appendix L which should be the standard.
>
>Robin

David Weiman
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
> Yes he does if he is a US citizen. The FIA license must be issued by the your ASN which means Canadians get them from Canada and US citizens get them from ACCUS.

That is not true. You can get them from another ASN if your country's ASN gives you written permission to do so.

I have a FAX from CAMS that says they're OK with ACCUS/SCCA issuing me an FIA license.

However, in this case I'd be surprised if they did. My excuse to CAMS was that I'm an Australian citizen living in the US, and it isn't practical for me to jet down there to have them issue my license.

Glenn

·
Registered
665 Posts
>Don't understand not needing a Grade C license, that is for
>rally only

I'm relying on information from ASN Canada FIA which seems to indicate something else:

http://www.asncanada.com/Forms/2002 Licence Criteria.pdf

The above link indicates that the Grade C is a racing lic.- the minimum req'd for FIA Int'l listed racing events - requiring graduation from a racing school etc.

It lists the FIA International Rally Driver License as the min req'd for Int'l listed stage rally events - with different requirements.

Robin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts