Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
all of the sudden, up was down
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm proud to report that ProPicks 2013 is ready to go!

I've made some changes to the site which will improve performance and security. I've also brightened things up a bit and made the fonts bigger. I think this is the fastest and best version of ProPicks yet.

As always, I listen to feedback and make changes where I can. If you find a bug or a problem, let me know and I'll fix it.

Get on there and make your picks for Sno*Drift. It's only about three weeks away!

http://propicks.demonrally.com/

·
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone is following their propicks by logging in during the rally, I just made some updates to the status page so it actually shows provisional scores (but loads slower during rallies). Also, hover over your pick to see how many points they're currently earning.

Also, I picked pretty poorly.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Don, does the new site have the menu where you can look up how other pickers are doing during the rally (similar to the old site)?

·
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Don,

In the SnoDrift Discussion thread in the USA forum, in post #154 Scott Harvey said that the Sno Attack results were altered based upon Steve Nowicki revealing that he had gotten a one minute flyer on SS16. This change resulted in Scott Harvey getting first and Steve getting second in Sno Attack. However, the Rally America results on their website were not updated with that final correction. Thus you may have to massage the ProPicks results by hand to get them to correctly reflect the result.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
In the SnoDrift Discussion thread in the USA forum, in post #154 Scott Harvey said that the Sno Attack results were altered based upon Steve Nowicki revealing that he had gotten a one minute flyer on SS16. This change resulted in Scott Harvey getting first and Steve getting second in Sno Attack. However, the Rally America results on their website were not updated with that final correction. Thus you may have to massage the ProPicks results by hand to get them to correctly reflect the result.
That depends on what exactly happened. If the results were declared final with Nowicki winning, then those results have to be used for Pro Picks. If Steve just said he had a minute flyer and Scott should get the bigger cheque, well that would have no impact on Pro Picks. Anyway, the contest is based on using whatever RA publishes as the final results.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
That depends on what exactly happened. If the results were declared final with Nowicki winning, then those results have to be used for Pro Picks. If Steve just said he had a minute flyer and Scott should get the bigger cheque, well that would have no impact on Pro Picks. Anyway, the contest is based on using whatever RA publishes as the final results.
Well, whatever Don decides is the correct thing to do, but we all know that the RA site has been, shall we say, a work in progress with the accuracy and timeliness of all its news, etc. I wouldn't make any large wagers based upon information that I gleaned from there. :rolleyes:

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Well, whatever Don decides is the correct thing to do, but we all know that the RA site has been, shall we say, a work in progress with the accuracy and timeliness of all its news, etc. I wouldn't make any large wagers based upon information that I gleaned from there. :rolleyes:
Correct, Don has the final say. However, if the official RA results are not used, it opens up a real can of worms. Last year the official results at most RA events contained a number of minute flyers that never got corrected, however the results were used in Pro Picks. If flyers remain in official results, then it is due to RA not catching them or the affected teams not catching (or caring about them). Don't see how we, as Pro Pickers, can ask Don to change official RA results.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Don't disagree. But in this case Sno Attack was not an RA event, it was an award given by the SnoDrift organizers to the 2WD competitors that specifically entered Sno Attack by paying an additional $50 entry fee. All RA did in the particular case of Sno Attack was report results (and apparently/possibly incorrectly). If the SnoDrift organizers decided who the winners of that specific contest was, then it would seem to me that is who should be credited from the ProPicks perspective. What I guess we might not know is whether Nowicki spoke to the organizers and corrected the flyer mistake and then gave the organizers gave the 1st place award to Harvey, or alternatively if Nowicki was announced as the winner and he decided to give the extra money to Harvey. Perhaps someone from the organizers or someone who was there at the award announcement will speak up (we had left before awards).

·
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is pretty much what I've been stalling for, guys. I could have put in the scores Sunday night, but the R-A site has been pretty much a letdown. I'd be pretty pissed if I had sponsored that Sno*Attack business, since it was not covered by R-A at all. And if you ran in a regional rally, PR was all your responsibility, apparently.

Anyhow, rally rules say results go official one business day after receiving results from the stewards (or after settling any appeals) and then the website is supposed to be updated 24 hours after that. It's too bad we aren't ever told if there are any appeals, I guess. If it's not official by the end of the week, I'll go off what's on the website and make any changes to scores by hand later. We have 100AW to pick for!

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Yikes. From what I have been getting, you guys must have a lot of money riding on this.........

AFAIK Steve and Scott just traded checks (well, they had to give their SS#s also). Somewhere up there (on the stage) I heard somebody say that scores were final, so they were NOT going to change scores (scores had been official for several hours (?) by then).

The Sno*Attack was the last awards of the evening.

Our 1 minute flyer on SS16 only affected the Sno*Attack results. It had no affect on the Drift results (and obviously none on Sno).

I didn't realize it had such a big affect on you guys..........

Any more questions?

btw - there were no printed results to stare at, at the awards.

press on,

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Jimmy. This is MUCH more important than money.......

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Jimmy. This is MUCH more important than money.......
Kent:

Clearly, Jimmy is out of the loop. Spending far too much time these days competing. Eventually, he will discover Pro Picks! No bad feelings between Kent and I. Each of us just pushing our case a bit. Actually, no matter what way the results are used, it has no effect on my total points. BTW, I just accepted Kent as a friend on FB and we have been known to exchange Pro Picks information prior to rallies. As Don said, time to start thinking about 100AW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts