Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got another e-mail today about Prius rumors.
Here is the story for these who interested ?what?s going on?

1. Getting from organizers of Tour De Sol ?wild card? invitation was a big surprise. Definitively this very prestigious environmental Rally means personally more for me than any Canadian Championship Rally. This rally runs from New York City to Washington and I am working hard to find sponsors for that.
2. We are planning to continue participation in Canadian Rally Championship.
3. We don?t have problems to find drivers for Prius. Actually there is too many who would like to do it.
4. We are not introducing new rally Prius...yet :9 . Yes, last week Toyota introduced a new generation of Prius. New technology, new potential, new spec, new?
5. For these who interested?

2 wheel drive, 15? wheels, 157 HP gas 4 cylinder engine (2.5) + 74 HP motor with good torque, very light and takes less gas than recent model?yes, Toyota will dominate soon totally the Hybrid market.

http://www.aafce.ca/ToyotaPrius.jpg

See you soon,

jerry

"Guyons is the best shop to built rally and racing car in Western Canada"

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Environmental rally

>Tour De Sol

Is there an event website?
NY City to Washington DC or Washington state? Big difference.

>prestigious environmental Rally

Wouldn't not organizing the rally save more resources and create less pollution than having the rally? Why not just leave the cars parked and hold a cyberspace rally? Less burnt gas and oil, less used tires in the landfills, less pollution.

Torn between the need for speed and the desire to save the world.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Environmental rally

dave,

You mean that you like Texas?

Would not be better to drop less Tomahawk missile and for the money buy some Subaru?s for poor Americans who can not afford to buy a car to drive looking for work?:p

Keep in mind that you must have a world in order to have the opportunities use the speed.

·
Registered
768 Posts
RE: Hybrid torque

- One thing that's mind boggling is PRIUS' torque - 258 lb/ft !! That's like freeeekin' V8...

- That's more than 215 HP/3.0 liter IS300 has - 218 lb/ft

- PRIUS would be great at RIM, going up-hill

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: Dave breakfast and hybrid torque

This is just beginning?. Definitively this technology will change the face of motorsport?soon. In few years Subaru and Mitsubishi will have difficulties to sell their car if no investment will go forward to keep up with new technology.

Look at Dave?it looks like he choke after eating his breakfast ;-)

Jerry

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Beam me up technology

The only thing I see happening in the near future (at least for performance rally) would be the addition in the rulebook of hybrid electric motors engine displacement multipliers in the production classes. Until then, any hybrid car is taking advantage of a technology loophole where the rulebook could not forsee the technology coming. Having the production classes broken down by gas engine displacement alone is no longer fair to cars available with only a gas engine.

Before you know it the rules will have to be written to prohibit teleporting vehicles, warpdrives and satelite driven autopilot navigation set to flat-out mode.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RE: get rid of Prius not to save the world but...my Group 2 baddies

Dave,

I knew that you are going to say that!!!
From what I am hearing ?some people? are already pushing this issues. They would like to see this changes in 2004. Would be more beneficial to work on issues what to do to see Rally to grove in North America? We are the Third World in Rally!!!

Having first hand ?expert? who experienced the thrill of rally in Prius definitively will give support to these opinions. You are simply jealous after seeing that this car will not be slow at all and can in future beat cars ,some of your Group 2 buddies.

We need new sponsors as they bring new technology, new ideas and new look at this sport. New is not bad as you can see on WRC example the manufacturers always work on new.

Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts