Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any predictions for winners...losers...in the next 3-4 gravel WRC events???

I'm betting on Solberg and McRae for at least one 1st place podium finish each with Marcus Gronholm and Burns "sharing the bubbly". Even though I love Tommi dearly...I'm afraid his horseshoe is broken.

2002 WRC Champion ???????

Marcus Gronholm ... with McRae, Burns and Carlos Sainz nipping at his heels. Peugot is just too damned good this year....hard to lose with such a good horse under you ;)

Richard Michaluk
Day Trippers Pro Rally Team

·
Registered
630 Posts
Solberg continues to impress me. I think this will be a breakout year for him. WRC Champ? I'd have to agree with you, the Pug's look great, and they always pick up points on Tarmac, which Ford seems not to be able to do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think the Pugs are pretty much unstoppable on tarmac events. Gronholm has a good coolness about him and we haven't seen Burns flair up yet and lose his cool as he did with Subaru and Mitsubishi. With the Pug WRC concept vehicle that is on display they have a bright future in tarmac events. I feel the field is made a little more even on gravel though. What is hurting the other teams is that they are not winning or placing high enough in the points.
I do see Makinen taking another event or two this year and possibly next year or late this year for Solberg. As far as Ford goes, Colin just tries too hard and I feel Sainz wants a win but the specators and the spectator's car are still in the back of his mind. Citroen on the other hand has some very capable cars and drivers on there hands and they may pose a good threat to the Pugs. On the other hand, Skoda doesn't have the funds needed to win, nor does Hyundai have the car and driver line up needed.
These are my predictions for WRC this year.

·
Registered
789 Posts
This looks to be Peugeot's year and I am really impressed by Gronholm.

I would pick a Ford (Mcrae) and Subaru (Tommi) to trade off victories in the upcoming gravel events.

For the championship, I like a Gronholm Burns 1-2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts