Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much delay, the PRB meeting minutes for July 17, August 9, August 16 and September 8 have been published; the November Fastrack has been posted on the SCCA web site. We should be able to post the September 16 minutes very soon... then it is my strong desire to keep up and not fall behind like this again!

The next PRB meeting is October 13. At that time I hope we can agree to post the 2005 rulebook as a redlined document... this will be MUCH clearer than the stuff in the minutes... and MONTHS before you've ever seen the new rules from the PRB.

I know we're a month past "just after Labor Day" (our goal to publish the 2005 rulebook)... and we hope to do better next year, but I think we're still way ahead of years past, progress is good, right?

Progress with the desire to make even more progress is better.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Good to see:
1) SF changes; the inputs have been heard; good!
2) Consideration of car limits for novice drivers

Still digesting the rest.....

I would like some clarification on what the change to the extinguisher types is going to mean. Is this meant to rule out household extinguishers (which it should). Will Doug publish anything to help us sort these out?

Thanks,
Mark B.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Interesting stuff. 34mm restriction phase in for 05 bit
>removed.

Probably just because the 2005 rulebook doesn't need the wording that gives advance notice of the change. There is nothing in the text that recinds the change.

Adrian

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Makes sense to remove the advance notice as you say but we don't know if 34mm has become a requirement for open or not until we see the rulebook. (or didn't the PRB say they were getting rid of it -- I'm confused, I've had trouble following this one)

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>>Interesting stuff. 34mm restriction phase in for 05 bit
>>removed.
>
>Probably just because the 2005 rulebook doesn't need the
>wording that gives advance notice of the change. There is
>nothing in the text that recinds the change.
>
>Adrian

Bingo!

The restrictors will be required, as announced over a year ago.

Ben

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
>Cage rules are different..
>
>Tubing thicknesses.

SCCA prepped cars have been eligible to run any NASA Rally Sport event. Rest assured that we will have a flexible solution to allow SCCA prepped vehicles to continue to run.

Wilson von Kessler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts