Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 23, 2005 (Version française disponible aussi)

Yokohama Boisvert Mitsubishi Lancer and Comrie-Picard go for win at Rally of the Tall Pines

Toronto, Ontario– Musketeer Racing and driver Andrew Comrie-Picard are ready to take on all comers at the legendary Rally of the Tall Pines in Bancroft Ontario on November 25-26, 2005. After leading in each of the last two years only to retire in 2003 with a mechanical failure and in 2004 with an off-road excursion, the team feels this will be third time lucky for them.

“We’re really keyed up” said driver Comrie-Picard. “The Mitsubishi Lancer has been extensively revised and we have a new service setup, and we’re ready to give it everything on the rally.”

The conditions will be difficult, with cold temperatures and hard gravel making for difficult tire choices. “It’s all about the tires” said Comrie-Picard. “Fortunately in working with Yokohama we know that we will have the most competitive tire, regardless of the conditions. Three years ago, when the conditions were difficult as this year promises to be, it was a unique Yokohama tire that allowed us to secure the Canadian Open Class Championship while at Tall Pines.”

This year’s event features stage notes pre-prepared by the organizers, and a chance for competitors to make a “familiarization pass” to check the notes against their own expectations. “This is an excellent approach” said Musketeer co-driver Marc Goldfarb. “This allows novice teams to benefit from the experience of the note-makers, and advanced teams the opportunity to personalize. And it allows everyone to arrive relatively late to the rally and yet have many of the benefits of notes.”

Although the team finished second overall in the North American Rally Championship in 2004, Comrie-Picard has not been able to compete in the last several rounds of the Canadian and North American Rally Championships as a result of his hosting a television show about cars and car builds for a national network, to begin broadcast in January. “Missing the summer rallies was a tough pill to swallow. But at the end of the day, I had the opportunity to supervise 96 mechanics building 24 hot cars, and I was able to race not only rally cars, but also Jeeps, drift cars, drag cars, and track cars. The show is terrific, and even with missing those rallies, in the long run I feel it will be worth it.” Information on the TV show is available at http://www.breakthroughfilms.com/distribution_catalogue_show_microsite_default.asp?sid=122&pid=97

The team is currently planning their 2006 North American program which they expect will see them competing on both sides of the Canada-US border.

Musketeer sponsors:
Yokohama Tire Canada www.yokohamatire.ca

Boisvert Mitsubishi Motors www.boisvertmitsubishi.com

DMS Shock Absorbers www.dmsnorthamerica.com

Vibrant Performance www.vibrantperformance.com

FixAuto www.fixauto.ca

Motul www.motulcanada.ca

Pagid Brake Pads www.pagidusa.com

Bully Clutch www.bullyclutch.com

Fidanza Flywheels www.fidanza.com

Team O’Neil Rally School www.team-oneil.com

Inside Track Motorsport News www.insidetracknews.com

Innovate Motorsports www.innovatemotorsports.com

CONTACT: www.musketeerracing.com [email protected] (917) 692-2735

Photo by Peter Kuncis:

http://www.musketeerracing.com/photos/2004/snodrift/snodrift1.jpg

·
Registered
334 Posts
“The Mitsubishi Lancer has been extensively revised "
Every time I read this from a competitor I worry that they will have a mechical problem and DNF. Hopefully it doesn't happen at TP as I want lots of heated competition :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts