Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
In my eyes, most certainly not...but I'm one of those people who would rather race against a big field and earn my place rather than compet in a class with no other entrants and be guaranteed a trophy. Luckily the way the classes were in 2009, I had the luxury to swap from Time Attack AWD (only entrant) to PPO where there was some competition.

They are making the event a "Regional Event" so I suppose that's where all the classes fall in, but based on the cost of the event, I'd be surprised if there were very many regional competitors showing up. $1550 for entries paid for by the end of the year is steep, as that'll cover 3 regional rally entry fees.

Dave
I am kind of intrigued by this. How long untill the entire road is paved?

With Rally america getting involved, what are the chances the CRC might?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Are you taking the OL Rally car out there? I was thinking about doing it in mine but not sure if I'll have everything ready that soon. I figure I can wait til next year if I want to do it then. I need to get a lot of seat time first before I attempt this.
Indeed we are. well that is the plan for the time being. I have a built 2.2t that is in my street car that we could literally drop in as its all ready to go. I would prefer that option but we will have to see.

·
Registered
279 Posts
SO I have been looking.

Did Papa Gushi run an RS in 2008 or was it a swapped car?

Everything I have found says 2.5RS and I don't see a front mount, but to get 13:34 with an NA car? Possible and did he drive the nuts off of it?

·
Registered
279 Posts
i would have to find you and slap you just on the shear principal of it if you ran with an na motor that wasn't a pissed v6 or v8.

have you ever gone there and sat bored out of you f***ing mind as slow classic car upon slow classic car drives by? or back when rally cars ran? or even the baja trucks? all zzzzzz's.

spend your money on something that has a better roi in terms of enjoyment and competition. go do idaho, oregon trails, ojibwe, paris, the southwest stuff, etc. hell, save up your money and run mexico next year! all would be better than running PP in OL.

as for swapping the motor and running with a turbo, meh. each to their own. i don't have much interest in it unless you're running gobs of power, and even then, after watching the 2005 race to the sky (erikson in the 22b and the other h6 subaru and hawkswood and monster and millen...), F*** paving.
I would much much much rather run a few stage rallies on that money. But I can't really complain about it since Chris(co-driver) works at a Subaru Dealership and the owner has always wanted to be involved in something like Pikes peak, so our entry fees are paid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts