Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
At a $1250 entry (1550 with navie) entry fee, you could almost cover all of the entry fees for the rest of the season with that one fee.

Add in the 6 lost days of productivity and that almost matches the realistic needs for just about any team to miss work for an entire CRC season....

PPIHC just isn't a fit for the grassroots aspect of the program.

·
3,740 Posts
100% in agreement on the cost of the event, but saying the time off equals the rest of the CRC schedule just can't be accurate.

PPIHC = 6 days (Tuesday - Sunday)

Rally-x / RallySprint Weekend = 2 days (tow out and back day of event)
Rally Colorado = 4 days (Thursday recce - Sunday race)
Rally Idaho = 4-6 days? (is same sched. as RFKaC, add extra day on each end for travel)

PPIHC has some pros and cons for sure, and I think you guys have made the right call on skipping it. Now, if we could run a bunch of other stages with the last stage being race day, that might be another story. :)

Dave

I should have worded that better.

The 4 required work week days off will likely match or exceed what is needed for the rest of the calendar. Besides, who the hell is productive monday after PPIHC, I know with my sleep schedule that jacked up by then I am useless on that Monday...

And as an argumentative point, you don't have to get to Steamboat before Friday as recce is not required. For rookies though all three days of practice for PPIHC are mandatory...

·
3,740 Posts
hey friends...
are any of you spectating this year? Brady / Brody / Keith, whatever you want to call my boyfriend, is thinking about coming down wanted to know if anyone else was going down during the week and even maybe on race day.

He is considering a drive down watch practice drive back right away and go to work, similarly to what we did last year.

I plan on being down there for all practice days. I will be staying in Manitou and following the group with the unlimiteds around (should include TA as well right?).

Not sure if I will spring for a ticket for the actual race or not...

·
3,740 Posts
I think practice days are 10 or 15 bucks and pay at the toll booth. But it's been awhile since I've paid as the last few year's I've had a competitior/crew credential.

Kevin - you shooting this year for anyone or are you going just for fun? I'll be in Manitou on Thursday with the Rally Ready crew again. Stop by, we will be at the Garden of the Gods campground.

Anyone planning on spectating from Devil's Playground on race day?

I'm doing my own thing, staying someplace in manitou, depending on how sleep deprived I am I might call you and meet up on Thursday.

·
3,740 Posts

·
3,740 Posts
Any pics or reports from practice?
Working on pics, wifi at motel is meh...

I was on the middle, monster snapped a cv/axel and might have damaged a diff.
Rhys had a vibration and only did a couple runs.
Dallenbach shut it down in the Ws, didn't sound too bad but was unhealthy.
Keeney only did a run, sounded bad...

That is all I got.

·
3,740 Posts
Any updates from Thursday?
Victor Kuhns rolled softly, roof is mangled, glass is busted, hood was squashed. No injurries.

Speaking of busted glass, I got my rear windshield obliterated by some rocks.

Stopping by my house in Denver right now on my way to Boulder to get a "new" one put in...

·
3,740 Posts

·
3,740 Posts
I had no idea ACP was there. He wasnt even on the entry list. I was driving down and I see his car smashed at Crystal and I was like "WTF? I read the entry list and checked it twice, what is ACP doing here?"

I saw a car at in Wreckmasters Saturday, but I thought it was the Kerns. I guess it was his.

Anyways.

I'm a little peeved with the organization, again. We called days before to see if we could get the family pack of 4 tickets for $125. They said yes, at the tollgate till 6pm saturday or online. So, we immediately go to the tollgate sat and asked for them. They quickly said "no, that deal was only online". "Uh, then why did someone at the office tell us to come here? And why you to so quick to refute?"

No answer. That was 70$ out the window.

Why didn't the unlimited cars run first? The gravel portions were PERFECT at the Ski Area at 9-10am. I think they put down some of that calcium chloride.

More thoughts and pics later.... I have to go through all of them...

How bad was ACPs damage?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts