Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's a topic guaranteed to get hot. What do you all think about the ever faster cars in ARA? Good challenge for Subaru finally? Unfair to less wealthy open competitors? Are they even relevant since there's so few?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s a good article about the competition in ARA. It is always good to have more balanced choices in cars, at whatever the cost as that seems to not be an issue. Open class allows more variants and options to the point of the cool V8 Sonic. If the ARA rules were to restrict only to the FIA rule set, Subaru would have to leave - or if there is even a group N any more, have to compete there. Which would be a one man band.

The competition is tight and fast. Don’t mess with any adjustments at this point in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Removing the ARA business issues though, is having a series where only a few people can ever win a good thing? Personally this is why I like 2wd. More variety. Less cost.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hasn't it always been that way, though? We have full fields, 40-60 cars. Has it ever been that more than 4-6 of those cars were really contending for the overall? The other 90% have just as much fun or more. I did.
It's certainly been that way for a while with Subaru USA team dominating. But now we have wrc cars. Is it worse? Point being should there be a cap to keep cost down and incentivize entries? I guess if people are happy with winning their class but not overall it's moo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if it were up to me I would keep things closer to production other than saftey and endurance. Real cars real roads. I just want to see more diversity at the top where someone not in a super car could win.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.