Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
'85 VW GTI
20 Posts
Ok, for the rest of us mortals that have to decide if is really is disposal income we're spending, it's a non-issue what the top teams are doing. It's like a 300# guy sitting on the couch every weekend griping about how bad a pro stick-and-ball player is. Or another example, someone on a Subi forum shit talking about KB's driving skill. I invest the time, energy, and effort to test myself. As friends are able to come to a race, we bond, we are challenged, and we try and get better. I know I will never get an overall. I also know our rules allow for innovation. To me that is the heart of racing. Being able to out think, out work, out prepare, or out perform your competitors. Creativity and willingness to put in the effort is where the reward is. We rarely respect the team that just buys the best and comes in expecting to do well.
Careful what you advocate for, we will end up with with IROC or some other spec series, where the motors are sealed and cost 15k for a approved rebuild. Or maybe a Production class where you have to use everything OEM even though it breaks every race. Let the big boys play, and we will have fun scrounging for what we can to make our effort work better. I for one love the variety. It's fun to be able to compete in a 35 year old car and still feel like I'm in the game.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.