Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just spent a couple of weeks showing my American girlfriend the splendour of New Zealand which included a blast around Maramarua Forest in a rally car. I had to give her a brief introduction to a sport she knew almost nothing about.

After feeling a tad sad at dropping her off at the airport for her return to the mid-west, imagine my surprize when I found, tucked under the cover of my bed, Possum Bourne's just released autobiography!!!! The transcript for the book, "Bourne to Rally" was only completed two days before his fatal accident. I'm half way through it having been burning the midnight oil reading it while also trying to watch World Cup Rugby matches from Australia.

It is a good read with lots of reference to Olympus and the many experiences andfriendships made there. The cover price here is $NZ40.00. If anyone wants a copy, drop me a line. In the meantime I'll get a more accurate price but with insurance and airmail, it'll probably be close to $US40.00. I'm not out to make a buck but as the proceeds go to his kids education fund, the more books sold the better off they will be.

Contact me here or at [email protected]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yup, I picked up my copy this past Sunday while browsing the bookstore at the Auckland Airport. I was searching for some in-flight reading material (en route back to Los Angeles) when I happened upon a very enticing blue/yellow paperback - screw Tom Clancy, give me some rally stuff to read about! Unfortunately, I feel asleep on the plane, so about as far as I got was the prologue, and paging through the mid-book color picture section.

Prior to our trip to NZ last week, I had informed my wife of my intent to seek out anything Possum while we were there. I found the Possum Performance Center in Pukekohe, but I was too late -they weren't open on a Saturday for me to look around! Needless to say, my wife understood my excitement when I found the book.

Don, it's too bad I didn't know you were out galavanting in the forest - I would've stopped by for some fun! We travelled from 90 mile beach to Tongariro Nat'l Park during our week, and we even ran into Targa NZ near Taupo (and met some nice rally people along the way). Although, my rallying skills in a RHD Toyota Echo leave something to be desired - I might need to come back for some more practice!

If I would have had the forethought (and the extra luggage space), I should have brought a few more copies to folks back here in the States. I did a quick check online last night, and there are several shops where the book can be purchased.

Mine's going in the permanent rally collection....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts