Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being involved with many formulas of motorsport over many years back home in the UK, (breifly taking the passenger seat on a couple of single venue stage rallies), I moved to Southern Manitoba, Canada. After stewing, over the last couple of months, I have decided to get back involved with stage rallying. Being older and slightly more affluent, I have decided that I have spent enough time "working" and am wanting to co-drive and I have lined up the last two events on the WCRC schedule. After organising this I have discovered that if I can find a driver based just over the U.S. boarder, it will not only be easier but probably cheaper. So, if anybody knows of a driver looking for a co-driver for next year drop me a line. I am not too worried about your experience, so if you are building a car for the first time, and are looking for a novice co-driver give me a call.
[email protected] 204 867 2729.

Scottie

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Scottie-

It looks like you might want to try to get involved with the group from Land O' Lakes Region to your south in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. On occasion I have noticed a local team or two that is trying to find a co-driver prior to an event. From Winnipeg, MB to Minneapolis, MN is about 6 hours and 15 minutes. You're also pretty close to where the Ojibwe Forests ProRally is (I'm guessing somewhere in the range of three to four hours drive time). I think currently that there is no performance rally activity in Manitoba or Western Ontario, although a few years back there was a group of iceracers from the Winnipeg area that were interested in the possibility of putting on an event up there. The roads near Thunder Bay, Ontario are pretty fun as well. There were two teams from there that were running the CARS series that did pretty well and occasionally would come south of the border two years ago. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of any interest in an event up there in Western Ontario. x( A good place to start would be to get on the rally-mn list. Anyone remember how to join? If I knew I'd put the link here... e-mail me offlist at [email protected] and I'll try to find that info.

Cheers,
Jerry

P. S. Hanging out with the iceracing group from Winnipeg is a kick as well. Bring a helmet to an event and cross your fingers in hopes of finding a ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts