Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any word as to local road conditons around Maniwaki -- fresh snow, size of banks, ice quotient, etc?

Inquiring minds (and fretting co-pilotes) want to know!

Dave G

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Any word as to local road conditons around Maniwaki -- fresh
>snow, size of banks, ice quotient, etc?
>
>Inquiring minds (and fretting co-pilotes) want to know!

Dave:

I live one hour away from the Perce-Neige stages.

We have had very little snow lately. The roads are in good condition, however, the snow banks are smaller than normal.

Forecast is for a low of about -12C on Friday night and a high of 0C on Saturday. Excellent spectating weather.:)

I would expect that the first few cars through a new stage are going to clean the snow off the surface and get down to ice very quickly. Second runs should be two tracks of ice. So, just normal Perce-Neige conditions.

See you Friday.

Doug Woods

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Doug--

Your report is about what we'd expected. Have been tracking snowpack on the excellent Weather Network site

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/features/snow/indexON.htm

Looks like snow cover in Maniwaki area is 40-75 cm, enough so the ditches should be padded pretty well (he said hopefully!)

Icy roads for sure, several PN stages are run both ways and will be scraped down to hockey-puck-suitable surface. We are bringing all the winter/snow/ice tires we have, even my street car is sitting on its summer donuts at the moment.

Cheers, see yez @ PN.

Dave G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts