Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I saw it on another post:

PN will be stage notes and one pass recce ?

Can't see anything for '05 on the PN website.
Any idea when (if) recce will take place ?

...gotta get tickets soon !

Where should I fly into for PN ?

Thanks All !

·
Registered
315 Posts
Single-pass recce and stage notes is supposed to be mandatory for all Coupe de Quebec (regional) events. Perce-Neige is not part of the Quebec regional championship so it is not required to have them.

It might be a good idea to ask the organizers if they plan on offering recce and/or stage notes. The contact info is on the website.

The nearest major city to Maniwaki is Ottawa. There may be closer airports but I don't know of any.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>I think I saw it on another post:
>
> PN will be stage notes and one pass recce ?
>
> Can't see anything for '05 on the PN website.
> Any idea when (if) recce will take place ?
>
>...gotta get tickets soon !
>
> Where should I fly into for PN ?

Ole:

Fly into Ottawa. Then you have just under a two hour drive north to Maniwaki.

The Perce-Neige website usually does not become active until sometime in late December or early January. When it is active, the latest information is always posted first in the French language version with the English language version usually lagging by a few days (or weeks). ;)

Traditionally, the route for the P-N is not finalized until almost the weekend of the rally. The route has to be formulated to take into account logging activity in the area, road sharing agreements with the local snowmobile clubs (who provide much more financial input into the area than the rally does) and weather conditions.

Last year for example, some of the stages were only plowed during the night before the rally. So, it would have been almost impossible for competing crews to be out doing a recce under such conditions.

It has always been a blind rally. We will have to wait to see what transpires this year. However, it is quite safe, as the snowbanks can be really big.

Christian seemed to enjoy himself last year.

It is a shame that the Sno*Drift and the P-N are only a week apart. Last year Pat Richard and ACP did both events, but it was not easy. The top Quebec crews will not go to Sno*Drift, since they do not want to jeopardize their participation in P-N.

If spectators at Sno*Drift could see Sylvain Erickson in action on ice and snow, they would shake their heads in disbelief (as I do every year at P-N).

Doug Woods

·
Registered
397 Posts
After 4 years of Ice Racing, and running our first rally (tall pines). we are planning on being at Perce Neige.

Should be a fun event. However...someone told me ice gets slippery....;)

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
>It has always been a blind rally. We will have to wait to
>see what transpires this year. However, it is quite safe,
>as the snowbanks can be really big.

Ole--

John C and I ran PN last year and it was awesome. Those Quebecois really FLY in the snow. It was cold and dry with a foot of fresh pow-pow and the grip was really quite good...except when there was no grip whatsoever. Never saw so many cars in the snowbanks. Some looked like they wouldn't get out until spring.

"Blind" is not quite the word for what you might encounter at this event...especially at night when it's snowing and blowing and it's -20 and you're pinballing at 75 between monster snowbanks and the routebook says, "Next instruction, 1.5 km" !!!

Hee hee, come up and play, you'll love it no matter what the format.

Dave G

PS--the service crews have their own wild n wooly drive, getting 2WD box trucks and vans down remote 1-lane logging roads where we were totally glad to have AWD, limited slips, and gnarly snow knobbies. (not to mention poofy winter down bags in the trunk)

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
>Christian seemed to enjoy himself last year.

One time I postured on here about never doing another blind rally, but take it from me -- if Pat calls you to run a snow event, even if it's blind, you should go. Best. Episode. Ever.

I had an absolute blast.

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yea...but...i choose the long way to do it..
the cage only took 2 day to do.. its easy stuff.... if i would of only put the cage in and plate the tower i would of been done in a week.....but the rest of the shell prep and mod on the rotisserie took alot of time... there is also a business to run to pay for those damned rally bills.... not to metion the stupid weather ? :(

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm still aiming for PN to be our first event, but the car is still a shell with the roof wacked off. Most of the strengthening has been done, 80% of the seam welding is done. The cage is 85% done, I'm re-designing the door bars and still need to connect to the front strut towers... waiting on suspension from JVLfab to finish front strut towers. Drive train is sitting in the shop, with wiring, intercooler etc. almost ready to drop in... everything else is either in progress, or on order, or has been thought about but not done yet :)

If we make lots of progerss over the Christmas break we might make it, otherwise ... we'll see.

-Martin.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
It will be interesting to see who does show up at Perce-Neige.

What will happen with Tom McGeer and Pat Richard? Lots of carnage for ACP, Loisier, Thompson, Sprongl to repair after Tall Pines. What about Erickson, L'Estage and Pilon?

I hear that Jean-Paul Perusse has an Evo 6.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
315 Posts
There should be at least a few new teams and some more that are returning after a hiatus. It will be interesting to see how they fare.

One or two of the new teams might suprise a few of the veterans, too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts