Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
150 K Right 4 Into Truck Dust
1,042 Posts
NICE!

Check out the shot on page 7, photo 03796, the truck realizes it's going to do an off course excursion and throws out it's long leg's.

Now thats some wheel travel:eek:

Bill Holmes
Truck #44

·
Kevin Welker
479 Posts
We'll be getting the video footage taken from on top of the RV soon. Let me know if any of you want the raw footage of y our cars taken from up there. The start of the A direction is GREAT! Seeing everyone launch from 20 feet up is really cool.

·
JUMP 500 JUMP 600 JUMP 500
246 Posts
Stupid trucks -- just wait until we have a tarmac race in the series!

...Brian...

If that is not motivation to finish my truck nothing is!!!
Tarmac or not~ I can lower my truck to 5" off the ground.

I think I still have a couple sets of Toyo stickies from the defunked Ensenada tarmac race that I'd love to use up!

Just you wait!

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Well....you might have some tarmac at Desert Storm....the speedway...
Here's an exclusive Mad Mike prediction (in pictures, no less):

Don't let the copyright date throw you, that's when I scanned the 11-year-old pics - I need to scan them again now that I can do something with a few more pixels ...

·
1,042 Posts
OK Mike,
Now that's funny:)
It's well known that I can drive better on ice than tarmac.

Would you beleive, the 360 degree spin photo in front of the Ford banner was for celebration?:rolleyes:

Or maybe I was sooooo far ahead, that I was showing off:p

Or would you beleive, I just plain ran out of talent:eek:

Bill Holmes
Truck #44

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
OK Mike,
Now that's funny:)
It's well known that I can drive better on ice than tarmac.

Would you beleive, the 360 degree spin photo in front of the Ford banner was for celebration?:rolleyes:

Or maybe I was sooooo far ahead, that I was showing off:p

Or would you beleive, I just plain ran out of talent:eek:

Bill Holmes
Truck #44
Muahahahahhahhaaaaaa! Pictures will haunt us all til the day we die - and then maybe for a few weeks longer ...

My impression at the time was that you got on the throttle about a second & a half too soon! Wish I had a vid with audio of that stunt!

Speaking of vids - the organizer of that event has recently run across 8mm film shot at the 1987 Barbary Coast Rally (including some of Buffum/Grimshaw in the mighty Audi Quattro) but he has neither the facility to digitize the stuff nor the money to pay someone else - anyone up to volunteering some expertise so the world can be treated to some more cool historic rally footage? Barbary was a helluva rally ...

·
1,042 Posts
No, you don't want to see me (in video) on the tarmac at the 1987 Barbary Coast Rally, way, way out of control on tarmac:eek:

The stage where the motor let loose was pretty spactacular though, the stage workers told us, all they could hear was the V-8 screaming then a very loud bang....all they could see was dust, steam and smoke, they thought we smashed a tree and exploded into heaven:confused:

Bill Holmes
Truck #44

·
Kevin Welker
479 Posts
I'll bring this thread back for Bill, Clay and Jim. I had a little time tonight and thought this would help get mentally ready. Pay attention to the poor bush at 2:38..... :(

http://vimeo.com/3278759

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sounds like we have finally found a possible use for the millions of 1000lb round straw bales littering the midwest, send them to CRS to keep Bill from wandering too far off course. Do they make such a thing as a sway bar for a vehicle with 20 or so inches of travel Bill? Anway, the whole thing looked like fun and I wish my car(s) were done.

Roger
1972 510 and Z

·
1,042 Posts
Oh yeh, Roger, It's got the 22" travel sway bar in the rear....Your old codriver installed it during the build of the truck.

I wish I could get a front sway bar to work right, so, no front sway bar:eek:

Bill Holmes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts