Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm sure the Canadian Tire at the north end of town would be willing to handle that for you. I seem to recall a tire shop as well, but I may be wrong on that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lachute Subaru often has a tire machine in their service truck. They usually do tires for $10 CDN each I think. Plus they are nice guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Ryan,
I wouldn't suggest to relay on Canadian Tire in Bancroft.
Remember last rally cross. They didn't want to deal with John's flat gravel tire when he went there.
Better ask John he probably will be able to answer the question.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>Lachute Subaru often has a tire machine in their service
>truck. They usually do tires for $10 CDN each I think. Plus
>they are nice guys.

10 CDN each!?

What a frickin deal...

Do any teams bring tires in their trucks for people to buy? or, can request them?

Canada is Magical

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
W/ Julien and Marie-Eve not entering (??) The Lachute van may not be there (and Joan's rig does not have such a machine.
Mind you that I have not spoken to Julien, Nick or Yannick, but would hate to see you stranded Matt.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Im pretty sure I heard they were entering...

As far as CT and my tire, I had a gravel tire come off the rim at a rallyx from gravel getting stuck in the bead, CT (In Markham, not Bancroft) put it back on but ripped the bead in the process and didnt even tell me. The lead to last minute scrambling before a drivex event last weekend. I wont take gravel tires there again, next time, no matter who does it i will watch them

Edit to specify CT location

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know that its not possible for everyone...but the best deal is to get there whit all your tire monted on rims...(one of the benefit of rallying a justy ..13" mags are cheap :) )

at pines i mount all my regular (nonrally super wimpy side wall) tires on oem (becose they are strunguer then after market) steel wheels whit iner tubes...mostly becose if there snow...there wont be enough to smooth the road...steel wheels are ugly and heavy...but they will bent... not crack & brake like most aloy mag + you can get them for 10$ at the scrap yard...a litle bit of paint and your good to go.

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Most Can Tire techies have never seen such a tire, and gravels are tricky (and tubes can be too). The Bancroft CT can be reasonably good - one year we just walked in and told them we needed to use their machine for an hour and we did about 20 tires - but unless you look like a pro team and walk in with lots of swagger they may not give you the same deal!

Still, we should give them the business - they're quite supportive.

Also I have used gravel tires and a few ice tires still for sale.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
>Lachute Subaru often has a tire machine in their service
>truck. They usually do tires for $10 CDN each I think. Plus
>they are nice guys.

We usually bring that machine when we are running two
cars or driving the two service cube vans to a event.
But so far, Julien is too busy to run TallPines and
his car is not ready.

And like Jeff said, Joans truck is to small to bring
the machine and the compressor to run it. So Yanick
and I won't be mounting tires...

Sorry guys, don't count on us a TP.

Nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts