Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). Just WHEN is Mitsubishi going to give Lauchlin O'Sullivan a car that he can really kick ass in? 3rd overall is no mean feat in a 2wd drive car to boot, but guys, wake up and give this guy a factory drive and I mean in a full factory sponsored 4wd car. IMHO, he would have easily have taken top honours had he had the right car and given the rest a real run for their money. Wake up Mitsubishi, don't you recognize talent when you see it. This guy has more talent than the team's boss. Make him the #1 driver and Millen #2!

G

·
RE: Pike's Peak - Lauchlin's drive

Uh, Pete, just to clarify.... Lauchlin drove an Evo 6.5 for this event, not his usual 2WD Group 2 Lancer.

Having codriven for Lauchlin at many events, I agree with you that he's one of the most talented U.S. drivers on the circuit today and deserves a fully funded, well-prepared Open car.

John

P.S. Yo, Lauchlin! Way to go, dude!

>Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). Just WHEN is
>Mitsubishi going to give Lauchlin O'Sullivan a car that he
>can really kick ass in? 3rd overall is no mean feat in a 2wd
>drive car to boot, but guys, wake up and give this guy a
>factory drive and I mean in a full factory sponsored 4wd
>car. IMHO, he would have easily have taken top honours had
>he had the right car and given the rest a real run for their
>money. Wake up Mitsubishi, don't you recognize talent when
>you see it. This guy has more talent than the team's boss.
>Make him the #1 driver and Millen #2!

---------------------------------------
John Dillon John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Old Fart
560 Posts

If you read some of the reports, Millen was complaining that his car wasn't running right. I think one run up Pikes Peak shouldn't be the deciding issue. Is Lovell faster than Thumper because he beat him when Thumper had a flat?

Seriously, I don't know who is faster, but Pikes Peak is not a good test because so many things seem to happen to one driver or another.

Paul Jaeger
PRIMO Stage Crews
For a Good Time, Call PRIMO!

·
Registered
483 Posts

True, but Millen always seems to be having issues with his car (at least that's the impression I get from the last 12 months or so of following the series). The question is not who is faster (no matter what their issues, they're both faster than me and my couch). The question is why does Millen always seem to be breaking and why was the #2 guy on the team able to beat him in his "old" car (you know, the one he had so many problems with) on his turf? (the fact that it was Millens old car is a big assumption on my part)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts