Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm. Seems a bit expensive.

Let's see. For 1-4 cars testing costs $6000 for 1 day for less than 6 miles of the road. A day means from 4:45am to 8:30am...so that is 3 and 3/4 hours for a cool 6 grand. But wait! If you want to use more than 6 miles of the road you can...for an addl. $1200.

Interesting.

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
You could pay for the testing and be able to run flat out, which would be the most beneficial.

Or depending on the rally rules you could just drive it like a normal person, whenever you want, as many times as you want for the toll.

Or we can find you some roads to be able to use to test on.

Or you could come out a couple weeks early, we'll hook you up with a top notch shop so you could hill climb at similiar altitudes for a weekend, leave the car here, have someone do the prep, and come back for PPIHC, you would still have to do a final mapping but....

Or you could contact BFG, and offer to run their rubber, and try to get in on their tire test, typically costs teams less than their own testing. But that involves the travelling expenses and dates being dictated by someone else.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Monarch Hill Climb - June 5-6 - ~9000 - ~13200 in 2.5 miles. 6 runs over 2 days. $170 + $75 CHCA membership. Rougher and steeper than Pike's Peak but... If this is your 2nd or 3rd year you should know quite a few locals by now that would happily store your car. If it's your first year, screw testing, just try to get to the top and have fun.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
> If it's your first year, screw
>testing, just try . . . to . . . have fun.

That's a good one - it's my 1.5 year and that is my new motto.

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Pretty sure Lurch has never run the peak.

But factory support from Mazda probably demands the best possible show on the championships highest profile event.

But yeah, could find a shop that would do all the prep and store the car I am sure....

Of course just have fun and enjoy one of Americas most legendary motorsport experiences.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Were you truly interested in tire testing or just mocking the expense? Pike's Peak is a much bigger deal than any U.S. rally event and attracts high budget teams that can justify the expense to ensure optimum setups for race day. It would be a complete waste of time for any rally competitor to attend-the cars aren't serious enough for such things to make much of a difference. However, if you were serious, go to chcaracing.com and take a look at the schedule. These events are the real deal! If you're interested, and want to compete in several of the events (you'll be hooked after the 1st one), I could find car storage for you-look into it!

Later,

Aaron McConnell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts