Special Stage Forums banner

Pick a date for the first annual rally convention!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks, though I've been quiet for a while but I am _very_ serious about this one. I've been working "behind the scenes" so to speak, and trying to figure out a way to not compete with Rally TN. One idea was to focus this first convention on "getting started", but in the end I have decided it is best for all involved to NOT compete with an event at all. That's not what I want, I want to be involved with this great sport again in some way that can help build something. Anyways, here are some dates, if you are one of those who said "they wouldn't miss it for the world" or "probably but I can't say right now" in Mad Mike's first poll, or you changed your mind and think "what a great thing! a chance to talk, go visit the Hot Springs, and hang around people who actually say 'Howdy y'all'!" please take a moment to help me decide on a date. Thanks again, I will make this thing happen!

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary
...insane guy with too many British vehicles...

·
Registered
315 Posts
The Feb 3-5 weekend will probably conflict with Perce-Neige, which is the first Canadian national event of the year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>Ok, I pick Julia Roberts....or is that not what you meant?

Yeah, I should be very clear on that one...or my wife will end up asking Nicky Grist!

Thanks to all voting in the poll and sharing info on this!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I suggest you look over this year's calendar for all events taking place in the US and Canada over the time period of interest to you.

Contact them and ask about their schedule next year.

Contact all sponsors/sanction bodies and ask them about plans.

Cover all the bases proactively.

Asking around here is not going to give you the breadth and depth of information you need. Remember major events of many categories impact rally participants.

Your core support is probably in a radius of 400 miles, with a smaller number from farther away. Especially for a first event. Just my guess.

Tony and Mary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts