Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to start a post to say Thank You to all those involved in putting on PFR!

Even though it was our first ever DNF (and in a fine 3.5 rolls with a twist fashion , I might add) we still had a good time.

Special thanks to Mark Jennings-Bates / Wynne Jenkins and John Cassidy / Dave Shindle for helping us get out of our car.

As well as a big thanks to the crews of the 99 and 98 sweep cars for helping us get our car turned over and on the trailer!

Thank You!

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts
Yes,
Thanks to the organizers. From a volunteers point of view (start and finish controls) the event was very well run and ALOT of fun.

Thanks again to all the people who put many many sleepless nights and days in for this awesome event!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Great event. A big thanks to all involved in organising and volunteering and to the town of Merritt for being such great hosts. We had a great time. Time to pull all the duct tape and zip ties off the car no and do some real fixes!!!

Warren, glad to see you and Robin are healthy and coming back strong in 2006.

Any pictures or video of Car 19 (not that you could see the number after the first stage!) the red eagle talon, would be greatly appreciated. ([email protected])

Regards and big thanks

MJB
www.pbrally.ca

·
Registered
365 Posts
While I was not able to attend..I wanted to thank flatovercrest for keeping me in touch with all of the events. Great coverage guys..you have no equal. Warren..glad to hear you guys are ok.

C.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Chip Miller Rallyesport would also like to thank everyone involved with Pacific Forest Rally -- volunteers, sponsors, local businesses, the City of Merritt, safety crews, landowners, organizers, sanctioning bodies, and the TV crew.

We had a really fun rally and posted a great finish for the eye-catching white and bright G2 Honda Civic, piloted by Chip Miller.

We look forward to returning to Merritt again in the future. We'd love to see more competitors from the States make the trek up north to explore some fun stage roads.

Kathryn Hansen
#23 co-driver
'93 Honda Civic

·
Aaron Neumann
267 Posts
What an incredible event. We had a blast and finished well due to the misfortune of our main competitors. Warren, praise the Lord that you guys walked away. I feel for you as we all fear the inevitable crash. I sincerely respect how positively you have dealt with it and hope I will act accordingly when my time comes. Colin, I didn't know you had stayed up all night changing trannies until your awards speach. Wow. And I thought I was exhausted.

Thanks to all the volunteers who stood out in the cold and rain so that we could go play.

Any pictures or vids of the plain white Honda Civic #14 would be greatly appreciated. aaronneumann at shaw.ca

Aaron Neumann.

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
2nd timer at PFR and can't wait till my 3rd try.
SUPER event all the way around! - Thanks to everyone who made it so.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
RE: PFR Photog

Anyone know who the photographer was that was taking pictures at the large puddle on Mab Lake stage? Think it was a female.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

Warren, your situation was the scariest for me in 6 seasons of rallying. Coming across a car upside down with no triangles out or OK sign got me in a bit of panic.

The fact that the corner was almost blind had me especially worried that there might be a secondary accident with a car arriving on the scene.

I was so relieved that you two were ok! The onboard just reinforces the fact that I NEVER want to do that!

Cheers! John

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thank you !

We (Car #30) had a wonderful time as well and would like to thank Paul Westwick, Terry Epp, and Wynne Jenkins (Co-Driver, for Mark Jennings-Bates) for patiently taking the time to explain the timing controls, time cards, and the flow of the rally.

We would also like to thank all the organizers and volunteers who put in long exhaustive hours in order to make this event possible.

During the Parc Expose, I encountered the right seat occupant of 98 (sweep) jokingly checking out the locations of the tow hooks on our car. Fortunately we didn't spend any "stage time" with them.

At the Parc Expose, I was talking to one of the scrutineers who was surprised to see us running Bridgestone rally tires which had not been made in over 12 years and cautioned us on the fact that they would be rock hard since rubber never stops curing.

Needless to say, decent new tires are on the shopping list.

This being our first rally, it was wonderful to witness the helpful nature of all those involved, from other teams right through to the people at time controls.

Thanks to Shawn Edstom who approaches time control duty with such enthusiasm !

Warren good to hear that you and your co-driver are okay, from the video on "foc" it's obvious that you have good spirit and sportmanship ! Looking forward to seeing you out in the woods of Merritt next year.

We developed motor difficulties and were losing power on the last 2 stages. We found ourselves limping to the finish with 7 seconds to spare.

What a wonderful greeting from the organizers and Terry Epp at the finish. Thanks you welcoming us with such enthusiasm !

Thanks again to all those involved, and those who gave advice and help to 2 guys who had nver driven or co-driven a rally before !

Edit : If anyone has photo's or video of Car #30, it would be greatly appreciated if you could email them to us.

hafnia at telus dot net

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Without a doubt it was great to see Warren Hoisting a glass to us (and the RCMP) at the side of the transit Saturday! Glad you're OK, the in car is awesome!

A huge thanks to all the volunteers who managed to be in great spitits for the entire event - recce and all!
Thanks to Paul for a smoothly run event, rearely having more than a 10 minute wait at a stage start! to Ken for bringing one of the best sponsorship packages I've seen in a long time together, and to the teams out there that brought their best game to the woods!

Can't wait till next year!

·
R5- > L5- NC (don't roll)
185 Posts

>Anyone know who the photographer was that was taking pictures
>at the large puddle on Mab Lake stage?

Only photog I saw at the "lake" was Shawn Bishop from Calgary Sports Car Club... We were having electrical problems with the overhead lightbar and siren. The controller was so hot we didn't need a heater in the car. I was playing with the controller, talking on the radio and trying to drive when we took the left "a bit wide"... Shawn says he has a great shot of Car 0 through the lake with lots of spray. He liked that spot so probably will have pix up soon with more water-splashes.

Shawn? You out there? They want your pix!!

(aka from Spectator as "Santa and his brother Larry"... don't know which was Santa or Larry )

:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
my favorite things:

-great service area! real bathrooms, woo-HOO!
-fabulous media coverage
-I love the PIAA guys, AND their products
-most wonderful, twisty-turny stages
-I LOVE recce
-getting done on Saturday so we could get sleep and then home
-most friendly folks imaginable
-incredible scenery - prettiest place I've ever seen

Thank you, Canada!

mama-san
Fling Pu Datsun, #459

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would like to add our thanks to the list.

We had a good time event hhough we were retired Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

The organizers were great. Ken I think you need to get a San Diago Chicken costume. You were everywhere and always on the run. I bet you are glad it's over. Paul and the rest of the crew including the stage workers did a excelent job.

The City of Merrit was great. That town does a good job supporting rally. After our mechanical on the 1st stage, we had the Mayor trying to help us find someone to get us the part we needed to get back in on Saturday. While waiting we had a chance to talk to some of the police that were there for control. They asked why we were only competing on a small parking lot of a mall and why the organizers didn't asked to have the streets shut down.

I also want to thank all of the service crews that came to our assistance and getting us back in the rally for the second day. That includes Steve Perett and Victoria Miller of Chip Miller Rallysports, the service crew of the Easy Rider car and everyone else.

It truely was a great weekend and we look forward to coming back for both Mountian Trials and Pacific Forest Rallies.

·
Registered
168 Posts
my favorite things from PFR:

Fireball....and turning so many people on to it

3 Liter bottles of Crown

Canadian hotties with Frenchie accents in tight jeans

Playing frisbee and dancing to country music in the service area Friday night

Getting wasted on the balcony of our suite watching the Rocket service crew work all night.....then assisting them in geting ripped Sat. night. Or was it Sunday morning?

Working hard for my drivers Pat n Nat. Thank you for not making me work all night like the other Pat n Nat

Bonding with fellow service crew guys: Nat's dad David, Nat's roomie and best pal Elanos, and Doug C. You guys rule, and you made me wish I could REALLY be one of the guys. I will keep trying in spite of my obvious flaws ;-)

Great rally, can't wait to go back for Totem.

kala
fling-pu
get-primitive

·
Registered
186 Posts
My favourite things:
- Canadian immigration, who actually made me feel welcome
- All the familiar faces from the NorthWest
- The friendly Canadian rallyists
- Recce!!!
- Dr. McGillicuddy's Fireball :9
- Just hanging out with a great community
(That'd be y'all)

I will definately be back to visit Canada again, sooner rather than later.

Ian.

·
Registered
374 Posts
>
>I also want to thank all of the service crews that came to our
>assistance and getting us back in the rally for the second
>day. That includes Steve Perett and Victoria Miller of Chip
>Miller Rallysports, the service crew of the Easy Rider car and
>everyone else

I have to echo the thanks to Steve Perett! Isn't he the greatest?? We wouldn't have been able to race if not for Steve's replacing my starter while Eric and I ran recce in my truck. Steve -- here's TO YA! (lifting my glass of white wine) -- and that isn't the first time Steve helped Fling Pu. He's wonderful.

AND -- one more toast to John Forespring, who helped me in a big way at Tech with tightening my seats. Who'da thunk John has a set of wrenches and sockets in his car?? Thanks, Mr F - you're the BOMB!

mama-san
Fling Pu Datsun, #459

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd also like to offer my thanks to those who made PFR such a great a event. From the professional volunteers, Paul and Ken and crew, the entire town of Merritt (including the police), and especially the helpful team who taught us the metric time conversion ;-) . You all made my first time at PFR sure to NOT be my last! Thanks again! :)

Rick Schmeling
#20 Mazda RX-7

·
Premium Member
803 Posts

>Anyone know who the photographer was that was taking pictures
>at the large puddle on Mab Lake stage? Think it was a female.
>

Nope ....... ! at least if there was I missed her!

Guess I should have posted my links here rather than the Photo/Video forum. :p

http://www.specialstage.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=249&topic_id=5956&mesg_id=5956&page=

http://www.rallysport.ca/photos/PFR_2005/images/IMG_6619.jpg

http://www.rallysport.ca/photos/PFR_2005/images/IMG_6599.jpg

More at www.rallysport.ca [Photo Galleries on the right]

If you want a full size version send me an email at shawn(at)rallysport.ca and I'll send it to you.

- Shawn

http://www.rallysport.ca
Professional Race and Rally Equipment!

Rocky Mountain Rally
http://www.rockymountainrally.com
Calgary, Alberta
May 26-27, 2006

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>I just wanted to start a post to say Thank You to all those
>involved in putting on PFR!

I generally don't like to lavish praise, but PFR was just an awesome event this year.

Be sure to put it on you 2006 calendar. You won't be disappointed.

Ben

1 - 20 of 24 Posts