Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big thanks to all of the marshals and other volunteers that made PFR a great event. Unfortunately I didn't get the chacne to run Nicola lake or Princeton Falloff, but the event was still a blast!

I really need to thank Keith and Ryan from Tech Works Enginneering as well as Mark, Nick, and Yanick of Lachute for pitching in to try and keep my car together (literally) and for their amazing efforts in doing a diff change under pressure! Sorry that I couldn't ake it to the time control in time! I alsio have to thank Rocket Rally Racing for the loan of the welder!

We had a couple of issues during the event, but many many things went well. Just before the 50 onute sevice we developed a noisy rear diff, but were coming in with some serious body issues that needed attention (some 50th rally issues, we didn't hit anything) and didn't have a chance to look at the diff.

The Diff grenaded about 2/3 of the way throuhg the Mab Lake stage, but didn't lock up, we were able to run Helmer and get back to service! Keith and Ryan managed to haul in Mark, Nick and Yannick to get the dff changed ... unfortunately we were 4 seconds (yes, 4 seconds) too late getting to the time control and hit max lateness.

A real bummer for the crew, but also a huge learning moment for all of us! However, the way people pitch in when help is needed was a great reminder of why I love this sport!!

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
There were a number of teams listed as 'offroad'. Any stories? Just minor ones?
And nothing listed for Penrose (Cosworth). What happened to them?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Also wondering why Tom McGeer was slower in the first few stages. He didn't seem to really get going until Stage 7.

New car problems, wrong tires, time away from the car? All of the above? None of the above?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I would like to thank all of those involved in putting on PFR.
We had a great time and managed to keep the car out of the ditches.

Knocked off the exhaust system on the 2nd time through the boulder field of Mab Lake - dragged it all the way out and finished the stage. The finish control people said that they had been radioed that "sparks were coming from under our car - and that it looked cool" - - - anything to look cool!
Tied up what we could of the exhaust and ran our final stage (Helmer 2) - crushing the part of the exhaust that was hanging down on the big "dip" - and then suddenly having no power - go figure? Finished the stage and made it back to the Finish!

Thanks again to all that made this event possible!
WRC

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm glad to say we achieved our top objective for our first-ever stage event: finishing and getting out of seed 6! :) Our secondary objective was not to be last, and we happened to achieve that as well.

We were running the Impreza on some tired rubber (equivalent of 8 TSDs) and shocks so the grip wasn't as fantastic as we would have liked, nor was the power from the 1.8L. About 1k from the very last finish of the day on Helmer we got very sideways and couldn't reel it back in, and with a choice between the exposure on the right and the wall on the left, it was the wall so I stopped fighting. We went in backwards on the right rear corner into the ditch, and it stopped and pivoted us perpendicular to the road. The car had stalled so we started up again, kept on driving, and still beat our previous time on that stage.

Luckily, we appear to have just ripped the bumper clips on that one. And the rocker is quite wounded on the codriver's side from that and previous incidents as well. Considering the punishment the car went through, it held up very well, with no mechanical issues.

My deep thanks to the organizers, workers, our great crew and sponsors, and most especially to Christa for making a long-standing dream come true. She and I gelled instantly as a TSD team a scant 16 months ago at my first event, and I can say we've done the same as a performance rally team as well.

Martin Chung
Car #33
Team M45 Rallysport
www.m45rallysport.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
EASY RIDER
"sparks were coming from under our car - and that it looked cool" - - - anything to look cool!"

and from a previous post

"Well since I am a regional competitor - I guess I'd better light myself on fire at PFR!"

Always trying to get on TV!

As a spectator at the PFR I thought it was great and well worth the lengthy drive to see. Most memorable momemt had to at the night spectator point when an intoxicated young lady flashed her breast at an oncoming car. I don't know if it was just a coincident or not but the car lost control, went into the ditch and took out one of the Subaru signs. Ahh, great times!
:7

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
>EASY RIDER
>"sparks were coming from under our car - and that it looked
>cool" - - - anything to look cool!"
>
>
>and from a previous post
>
>"Well since I am a regional competitor - I guess I'd better
>light myself on fire at PFR!"
>
>Always trying to get on TV!

I said I was going to try - and sparks are about as close as I wanted to get!:7

·
Registered
11 Posts
>EASY RIDER
>"sparks were coming from under our car - and that it looked
>cool" - - - anything to look cool!"
>
>
>and from a previous post
>
>"Well since I am a regional competitor - I guess I'd better
>light myself on fire at PFR!"
>
>Always trying to get on TV!
>
>As a spectator at the PFR I thought it was great and well
>worth the lengthy drive to see. Most memorable momemt had
>to at the night spectator point when an intoxicated young
>lady flashed her breast at an oncoming car. I don't know if
>it was just a coincident or not but the car lost control,
>went into the ditch and took out one of the Subaru signs.
>Ahh, great times!
>:7

Yep ! I thought it was a couple of heffers comin' at us
}> I was thinking about climbing the embanckment to get a closer look but thought it might be better to press-on :)

Team Xtreme Focus

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
Just wanted to add my thanks here too-
Was my first time there and it was a FANTASTIC event, I'm looking forward to next year already.
Jeff Secor
codriving in the #21 Subaru 2.5RS w/Miss Joan Hoskinson

·
Registered
510 Posts
>As a spectator at the PFR I thought it was great and well
>worth the lengthy drive to see. Most memorable momemt had
>to at the night spectator point when an intoxicated young
>lady flashed her breast at an oncoming car. I don't know if
>it was just a coincident or not but the car lost control,
>went into the ditch and took out one of the Subaru signs.

Bare right at sign????

:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts