Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PFR TV program schedule is finally confirmed. It will be running as a "Rally Special Edition" of the Driver's Seat program on NOV 19/20.

The available time (Local Time in each city), station and location are as follows:

A-Channel
Sundays at 10:00am
- Barrie/Toronto
- Ottawa/Pembroke
- Victoria / Vancouver
- London/Wingham/Windsor

CityTV
Saturday at 1:00pm
- Calgary/Edmonton
Sunday at 1:30pm
- CityTV Winnipeg

CLT (Canadian Learning Channel)
Saturdays at 1:00pm and 4:00pm
- Across Canada

SHAW Cable
Wednesday (Nov 16th) at 6:30pm (*not confirmed - might be week after)
- Vancouver
Saturday at 1:30pm
- Vancouver
Sunday 10:30am, 3:00pm and 10:30pm
- Vancouver

Note: This program is edited for general audience (read - might not be full on motorhead style). Good opportunity to introduce rally to over 8 million viewers across Canada.

Please help us promote this show - we want to max the ratings :) This is the only round of the CRC to be televised in 2005 (to-date).

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. WE HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THE SHOW.

We welcome your comments.
Please send them directly to ken (at) rallybc (dot) com.

·
Registered
510 Posts
According to the City TV website, in Edmonton Driver's Seat is on at 1:30, so set your VCR to catch the entire 1 o'clock hour, just in case.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The episode of Driver's Seat on Shaw at 1:30 on Saturday was NOT the rally special. It was some old re-run!... I hope the times listed for tomorrow are right... I can't wait to see it! If anyone can make a copy available for download, that'd be sweet too!

Cheers

Mark M. Pinder

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Great show! Particularly as a 'look at the sport' that it was. I was a bit disappointed that they missed the 'comeback'story of teh third place finishers ... but that's life.

I think it shows promise for the future, hopefully, and maybe we can look forward to seeing more rally on TV in the future.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I have not seen it yet - but my wife and kids watched it and called me at work to tell me I had my own special section - "When Rally drivers go Bad" Or something like that!

I feel so special - I just hope I don't have to roll my next car to get on TV again.

:p

·
Flat everywhere
341 Posts
>Great show! Particularly as a 'look at the sport' that it
>was. I was a bit disappointed that they missed the
>'comeback'story of teh third place finishers ... but that's
>life.
>
>I think it shows promise for the future, hopefully, and maybe
>we can look forward to seeing more rally on TV in the future.

It was odd they didn't cover that, I thought for sure you would get good coverage, but that's TV I guess. Good to see Rally on TV again. I guess you need to wreck to get the coverage, think of all the time you would have gotten at Rocky Mountain.

Great show, the sponsors should be happy, Great sponsor coverage all around, the cameras showed alot of the decals on the cars.

Can't waite to watch it again.

Colin

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts
>It's not on SHAW (04) Vancouver on sat nov 19 @ 1:30pm as
>indicated.
>
>grrrrr

yeah, i noticed that as well
they run in a "cycle" i am told, so it might be on tomorrows times? or maybe not til next week on shaw?

i saw it on CLT myself.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
>
>I feel so special - I just hope I don't have to roll my next
>car to get on TV again.
>

I was once told by a TV producer that the only way to guarantee to be shown was to win or crash on the sponsors banner ..... Tim Bendle promptly rolled onto a Michelin banner

Good show - lots of coverage - must have some footage of nearly everyone in the field and as others said a very good 'what is the rallying' program.

Now - where do we find one of those motocross announcers for our spectator areas :+

Shawn

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just caught the show this morning. Excellent stuff! Really all they would need to add for more quality (and quantity) would be some helicopter shots and more cameras on the stages and it would be right up there with any other rally show that I watch including the euro ones. Certainly would make sponsors excited.

Hopfully there is a crew at tall pines. :)

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
I just watched the show. I thought it was very well done. Considering the audience it was aimed at, it presented a well balanced picture of the event and the sport.

My only problem was with the inaccurate reporting of the NARC. The announcer stated that Iorio had won the NARC, which is not true. After PFR, both Pat and Antoine still had a chance to overtake him. Now that Pat is not entered at Tall Pines, only Antoine has a chance to do so.

Doug Woods

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
>The episode of Driver's Seat on Shaw at 1:30 on Saturday was
>NOT the rally special. It was some old re-run!... I hope the
>times listed for tomorrow are right... I can't wait to see it!
> If anyone can make a copy available for download, that'd be
>sweet too!
>

Or you could wait a bit and buy the DVD copy of the show to help support the event! ;)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Watched it last night after work (on tape) - and wow - I managed to get a fair amount of coverage - in town night stages (in car footage) / night time Princeton footage / and of coures the roll. I guess they felt sorry for me wrecking my car so they gave me some extra footage?

Very well done show - my wifes parents watched it and now want to come out to an event next year. (I guess that shows that it worked?)

Thanks to all for getting this produced and on the air!
:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts