·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First test of the Peugeot 307 WRC
It will be soon [24/04/03 - 19:21]

Corrado Provera
Peugeot Sport's team boss.

he replacement for the famed 206 WRC is starting to take shape. According to British press, Richard Burns will be testing the new 307 within two months. As of now, no official information has filtered from Peugeot about its new WRC car but it seems very likely that the new 307 will be ready on time for the first event of the 2004 season.

"I have to admit that I don't know much about the car." said Burns to Autosport magazine. "For now we are talking about a first test but there has been no schedule regarding the test. I think they should take place in France, a little bit before the Acropolis Rally."

According to Burns these tests may well determine in part who will drive for Peugeot next year. So far the British driver has not had any chance to discuss his future with his team or with any other team as well.

On his side, Corrado Provera, Peugeot Sport's team boss, confirmed that the new car will be introduced in the next few months but did not want to be more specific: "The car works well from what the first development tests are showing us so far." concluded Provera.

Philip J. Boer
[email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts