Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Perusse excluded! wtf? Must be a story there.
I saw Reilly driving the Focus, looked OK.
Great finish for Nichols/Shenk. Looks like Sprongl/Richard were in a great battle.
Craig

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Perusse excluded! wtf? Must be a story there.

Excluded for practising the stages before the event.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
233 Posts
Noted a few things this year, similar to last year where I was spectating:
1. Teams that stuff into a bank and eventually get freed invariably forget a shovel, a tow strap(!), and triangles, for spectator souvenirs. Sometimes with spectators running after the car for a short distance holding said item.
2. In really twisty parts, sometimes it's faster to go slower! Nichols never looked fast through my section of twisty road, but smoooooooth.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/kchamm/rally.html

·
Registered
768 Posts
RE: New King

- Looks like Pat Richard is the new "Snow Rally King of North America" - taking the title from Frank Sprongle

- Two on two, not bad! Specially driving an fragile Subaru.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
>Excluded for practising the stages before the event.

It's interesting that the exclusion must have occurred post-event for a pre-event situation. Was this announced pre-event and had Perusse appealed or something? If not, I would hope that organizers that had pre-event knowledge of a situation would not let a competitor run with the eventual intent of excluding him. That's not fair to the entrant, his fellow competitors, or to the event.

Kent Gardam

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>>Excluded for practising the stages before the event.
>
>It's interesting that the exclusion must have occurred
>post-event for a pre-event situation. Was this announced
>pre-event and had Perusse appealed or something?

I believe this was the case. We (other competitors) certainly knew about it before the event started.

Adrian

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

> Looks like Pat Richard is the new "Snow Rally King of North America" - taking the title from Frank Sprongle

Well after all, his first ever rally was Thunderbird. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts

haha nice try, but Frank is still the snow and ice King...

I think someone can only become the snow and ice king after winning the same rally like 5 times in a row, winning the championship 6 times, winning certain rallies 8 times, etc, beating everyone around etc. etc., and Frank has done that. Someone made a funny joke (at my expense) and said maybe now I am some other royal figure, but I dont want to get into that...

We drove strategically again, made few mistakes (i did have 2 spins at the beginning of the rally ss1 and ss5), and pushed a bit but stayed clean on the stages that we felt we needed to (the 36km and the last one).

Going into the last stage, 45km long, with only a 13 sec spread to Frank, was fairly interesting. We came out of it going 30 sec faster than the first time, despite it being a lot more icy. It was fun to have a good battle with my rally idol. Neither of us knew who had it at the end.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts

>We drove strategically again, made few mistakes ...

Pat:

In the last two events, you have shown a new level of rallying maturity.

It bodes well for you future success.

Congratulations.

Doug Woods

1 - 19 of 19 Posts