Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from spectating at Perce-Neige and I see that there are no results anywhere on the internet. Might have something to do with the fact that Jean-Georges Marcotte was driving the course closing car. :)

I last spectated at stage number six and the overall positions looked like L'Estage (Antoine), Perusse, Iorio, Levac, Thompson and Block.

Sadly, Erickson and ACP were also spectating, as opposed to driving.

Hopefully, some results will be up soon.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
GO Ken Block!
(gotta chear for my fellow snowboard / skateboard brother!)

Results will have to wait till Monday - off to snowboard tomorrow.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Doug,
Any IDea How John Vanos did in his first event?

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>Any IDea How John Vanos did in his first event?

John was the last car to start the rally in 35th position. After the reseed (first 5 stages), he came through stage six as car number 13 or 14.

John's parents were spectating with me. Nice people.

We had a funny incident while spectating on stage five. John drove by with no front bumper, followed a few minutes later by one of the course closing cars with the front bumper strapped to its roof rack.

Doug Woods

·
4,813 Posts
>We had a funny incident while spectating on stage five. John
>drove by with no front bumper, followed a few minutes later by
>one of the course closing cars with the front bumper strapped
>to its roof rack.

What is it with that car and roof racks in its stories ...

Glad to hear that he re-seeded well, I think I predeicted to him that he'd have a dozen or so cars in front of him after the re-seed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just want to be the first to say congratulations, looks like John and Alan did quite well (in addition to finishing!!! ) in their first event together, well done guys! Looks to me like 16th overall, and 7th OPRC overall and first in OPRC P4! (assuming I'm reading the results right)

·
Registered
268 Posts
They look correct to me. Big congrats to Peter Thomson on the overall win, his first I think.

Oh, and I didn't realise the Labries were running the OPRC, so John and Alan ended up 2nd in P4 OPRC, good stuff! (errr, maybe that's not the right word....)

·
Registered
555 Posts
We had an absolute blast! Thanks to everyone who has showed interest, there is much more to come from our team in the future, this was just the beginning. Iain prepared a wonderful car for us which allowed me to relax and just try to drive smoothly to finish. The only real problem we had was we could not rev past 4500RPM as our speedo quit due to the odo so that was a bit annoying as we had no power for most of the day. None the less all of Planet Motorsports' time and effort were well worth it and the car made it back in one piece and with the team craving more stages. There is much more speed we can get out of this car simply by me getting more comfortable with it and commiting to corners better, I cannot wait for bear!

Again thanks to all who have showed interest and especially thanks to the Crew for doing such an amazing job, I owe you guys some beers!

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry for the delai.

I was doing the "fast closing" because I always complained about closing car not bringing back simple informations on missing cars like: who, where and why. A closing car in a winter rallye can arrive about 2 hrs after the last competing car because of the "cars stuck in the snow".

I was able to bring all the information only 2 minutes after the last competing car. Again I prouved that when I want something done, it can be done "easily".

Result where suppose to be sent at service but a phone line was not available because the caféteria was closed. I use cell phone to sent data in those situation but I found out that there is no data service in Maniwaki on my cell.

I am trying very hard to get result on Internet but after all those years I realise that I am the only one pushing that way.

The ride was wonderfull this weekend, I thing I will change my priorities.

George

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
>The ride was wonderfull this weekend, I thing I will change my
>priorities.

Jean-Georges:

Every time we saw you driving the closing vehicle, you had a big smile on your face.

You probably had more fun than anyone else at the rally.

Keep up the excellent work with both scoring and driving.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm looking further down in the results and see something strange: 12th OA is MacKenzie's 2000 Civic - but listed in P3. Am I missing something? I thought this was a 1600cc (therefore P2) car?

Robin

·
Registered
29 Posts
MacKenzie's 2000 Civic choose to be in class P3. Look at those guy in P2 and you will understand. There is no rule about the class you can be. Meaning you can choose a higher class if you want. It's a nighmare for me (scoring) since it can change quite easily while the rally is going on.

George
RallyScoring.com

·
4,813 Posts
>It's a nighmare for me (scoring) since it
>can change quite easily while the rally is going on.

you're not suggesting that DURING an event a team can choose to change classes are you?

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>MacKenzie's 2000 Civic choose to be in class P3. Look at
>those guy in P2 and you will understand. There is no rule
>about the class you can be. Meaning you can choose a higher
>class if you want. It's a nighmare for me (scoring) since it
>can change quite easily while the rally is going on.
>
>George
>RallyScoring.com

Actually, if they are in a P class, they shouldn't be allowed to run in a higher class (unless the stewards allow it?) since the class definitions have higher and lower bounds. This doesn't mean it hasn't been done, just that it violates the class rules.

Adrian

·
Registered
665 Posts
Agree.

The lower limits were added not that long ago I believe? But looking at the current rule book (a recent hobby of mine :+ ), it's very clear:

NRR II G. Production Class

Production class vehicles are divided into four (4) engine displacement groups as follows:
(snip)
(c) P3 -vehicles with an adjusted displacement greater than 1600cc but no more than 2000cc

Reading the above, I don't think this should've happened - particularly if the reasoning was to avoid competition... then again, I don't remember seeing an inquiry.

Robin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts