Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>117km/h average on des eaux! :eek:

John:

I just got home from the rally. I drove Des Eaux twice yesterday and spectated there today. Although there is a straight stretch in the middle of the stage, 117 kph is not likely.

Erickson was absolutely fantastic when he went by us on the stage and he was beaten by 5 seconds on the stage by ACP. I suspect Vincent got a 30 second flyer and his real time was 3:45. Look at the times on the next stage (Tortue 1) and you will see the relationship of the three drivers.

It will be interesting to see what the times are on the two long stages. I was spectating on the first of these at a T junction and Erickson was very fast and ACP lost time there.

Perusse has looked tentative in the Lachute Subaru. Erickson has an open class Evo now and the car looks/sounds great. Simarly, ACP now has a proper transmission and front/rear diffs (used standard items last year). Peter Thomson also looked very good and has a smooth driving style.

The Toyota Prius was nice looking. Makes almost no noise and sneaks up on the spectators.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Doug! I double checked Jean-georges site and ity indeed says 117km/h, however, if vincent got a flyer than that would be incorrect. Great Results! Erickson by almost 6 minutes!! Thomson, ACP, Mcgeer, Vincent all DNF! Looks like those long stages weeded a few people out. Good finish on the podium for perusse and l'estage. What were the conditions like?
John Vanos

·
R6 L6 R6< 800
200 Posts
I was just entered in the regional, but saw all the stages at least once. Stage 2 was icy, so almost half the field was in the slow time minute. Stage 3 was quick, with much better grip.
5, 6, and 7 were all varied conditions, lots of ice, ruts, and softer snow at the edges. Saw several triangles, and lots of holes in the snow-banks.
Cheers,
pw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.