Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
He seems to be hanging in there, 9th GpN after SS5, though seriously off the GpN pace set by the leaders. He' also the only non-Mitsu in sight.

·
Registered
162 Posts
52nd overall!Great job Pat!! Look on www.wrc.com all of the results plus live internet radio!!! Mark Higgins is 10th in the 4th factory ford!! and David is 25th.

Bob Campbell
[email protected]
BCR Rallysport
Colorado Springs, CO

·
Registered
803 Posts
just thought I would explain - we lost 5th gear on the first 'real' stage and it got progressively worse after that, losing 3rd then 4th. we didn't change the box until final 45 min service (crew maybe a bit wimpy eh ?) and we came into that service with only 1st and 2nd. so you get the idea, we did 80km of stage with bung box

hopefully it will be better tomorrow with more than 2 forward gears.

-Pat

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,629 Posts
Maybe you should be in a Peugot. ;-)

·
Registered
768 Posts
- If PRODRIVE can't built a tranny that holds up 3-4 stages who can?
- What a junk....that's why everybody's driving Mitsu EVOs
- Try to survive, Pat

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't think Prodrive built the car or the Tranny. It is in Group N so likely it is stock or at best an STI transmission, though he said it only had 5 gears and the STI would have 6

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
RE: Pat Richard - what happened?

Back to the Tranny issue:

It has amazed me all year at how disposeable the trannies are, a bit disappointing really.

With Regard to PAT -- I hope he continues to battle back, unfortunately overall results are better remembered, but PAT did and is doing very well, very competitive. (Maybe next time he'll try the Mitsu).

GO PAT!

Mike

·
Registered
803 Posts

here is more info (you should feel lucky - no one else is gettin the low down _ i am tired and beehatchy at the moment!)

no comment on the gearbox, however it does have 5 speeds and go clunk

this morning, we were on a cracker (passed 2 cars by the halfway point of the 60k-ish stage) AND THEN TOTAL AND COMPLETE BRAKE FAILURE. All the fluid peed out. I kept going, but then we couldn't stop (obviously) after the hbrake wore out. We still had 30k to go. Then the final time I tried to slow for a muddy 1st gear corner, (maybe 1km after total brake loss) I puntured a front. Stopped, changed the wheel, kept going, lost a lot of time, most fun was the road section (not). No brake fluid at all.

Then we ran 2 stages, first 2 in the rally that we could try on.

Then we bent the hub and lost all the brakes again. This time I had to stop as I thought "if i dont, we will DNF for sure" since every time I turned left the left rear locked up and bent itself more. We talked about it at the time. We decided to continue and get some seat time instead of retiring on the spot, but it meant sitting there and fixing it onsite. I plugged the brake line (took ages) and struggled to get a wheel back onto a bent hub. Lost more time. also failed to plug the line, but made it a bit better (i.e. was a smaller hole, so the pedal still goes to the floor but does it in a second instead of immediately). Had enough fluid for about 8 or 10 stops. Good enough to make it back to service.

Tonight at the Superspecial I tried a different setup, didn't work, but will try more stuff tomorrow.

So now, with the indignity of starting last, and being last for sure in the results, we will continue. But to set any times we will have to pass a lot of cars. Oh well.

-Pat

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts

Thanks for the note Pat! How cool is this?!? Someone competing in a round of the WRC taking a minute to post info back home during the event!!

Good luck on the final day of the rally Pat!!!

Halley ...
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
768 Posts

Thanks for first hand info! We're lucky, almost like "being there"
- You're showing great spirit!
- Don't give up...Learn for next year, make deals and get a better car!
- When running w/o problems you were right there with The Champ Blomquist. Not bad...in a lesser car.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Keep going Pat!!!

Pat: Your not last-YOU ARE STILL RUNNING. That means your beating other people who have quit.
Your learning from your expierence and you've got all of us cheering you on. We all wished we were able to do what you are doing right now. Don't get down it's not over.

If the car will go keep running-we're with you!!!!:+ :+ :+

1 - 20 of 44 Posts