Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Looks also like he may be out on SS10? Hasn't come in yet. Also looking at Keith's photos it looks like they had to replace the front bumper at the service between SS6 and SS7. Little nose damage on a landing maybe? You can see the lower lip missing at the end of SS6.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A rear CV joint blew up and caused the diff to overheat. Not sure when the break happened, but the car was basically a front driver for SS9 and part of 8 I believe. Pat and Mika made it back to service after a quick field repair, but ended up being time barred.

The car was running well, and yes, ROUGH is an understatement for the roads. ...

Needless to say, Pat and the crew are bummed. The crew worked hard on the car, a couple of transmission changes and tons of prep work. Now, while still set up at the service park, they are prepping the car for it's next event ... talk about a tight schedule ;-)

·
Registered
409 Posts
>The car was running well, and yes, ROUGH is an
>understatement for the roads. ...

I'll say! It looks like there were 47 Group N starters, but just 28 remaining after SS13. Talk about high attrition...

Bill

·
Registered
296 Posts
Pat and his team must be devastated. In my humble opinion this was extremely critical Rally for the entire "Team Canada" concept. It is sad to see what happened. Pat deserved to finish this rally on high notes. He did more in 3 years for the Rally in Canada than Sheila Cops for Hamilton town in her entire political carrier?I think those must the nature of rally sport.

Pat keep the head up and watch?for Andrew at Edson. He is hungry and he may bite and spill champaigne at you?:p

Jerry

·
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
>>The car was running well, and yes, ROUGH is an
>>understatement for the roads. ...
>
>I'll say! It looks like there were 47 Group N starters, but
>just 28 remaining after SS13. Talk about high attrition...
>
>Bill

Mika says that the rough roads on the event are tomorrow ... it is a matter of survival for sure.

·
Registered
768 Posts
- It's time to swich to EVO8

- How many times Pat can take 4000-mile trip to brake an other tranny?

- If he can't have a problem free rally he'll never see where he stands as a driver, he can never learn more and we have none to cheer through the rally!

Pat - If Subaru can't fit the problems (only Arai's car seem to be bullet proof), make a switch.

·
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I woudln't be quite so quick to jump ship ... I saw a TON of Evos pass me by on the stages with noticable problems (Suspensions falling off)... Also, Arai blew a turbo at Sweden, so he isn't bulletproof either.

Absolutey something needs to be done wi th the car, and Iam sure it will be.

·
Registered
63 Posts
TOPI....look at the retirement list and you will find there are over 15 mechnical retirements for Mitsubishis compared to Subarus at around 5 ....so far.

I agree that Subaru has to do something about overall performance and transmissions ... and make the car a lot more reliable. Pat will never get to his rightful place in the standings without reliability.

I'm Subaru will eventually get it right :D If not...it won't take long for some of the other manufacturer to recognize talent and pick Pat up as a driver. He has what it takes and knows what it takes to be a champion.

Pat has shown (in the few trouble free stages he has run) that he is very competitive and has what it takes to overcome adversity and be a contender for a top 10 finish in the world.

Winners...in my eyes... are based on their ability to never quit and give 100% all the time. Pat has done us North Americans all proud.

.....I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction right now that .....

....Pat ends up in the top 10 in N4 ... if given a car that will last for whole rallies

....Top 5 finish after 2 years in N4 competition.

....Within 5 years he will be in the seat of a full-time WRC ride.... and be a top 10 contender in another 2 years ....top 5 WRC in 2 years after that.

.....WRC World Champion in 2012 (after 10 years of World Class competition)

What do y'all think ???

Richard Michaluk (the guy that predicted Pat would end up in the WRC 2 years ago)
Day Trippers Pro Rally Team

1 - 11 of 11 Posts