Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me be the first to congratulate the new champion. Canadian Overall Champion, SCCA Overall Champion, North American Rally Cup, and SCCA Group N....Wow!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey Leon -- what a fabulous job! Fling Pu is watching YOU with fondness and pride -- you're our big brother - AND our hero! Congratulations for an incredible race....

Fling Pu Mama-san

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
While all of us down in SoCal are proud of our local talent, I'm not sure how appropriate it is to congratulate Leon & John in someone else's thread.

Congrats Pat and Nathalie on a well deserved championship !!

=============================================================================

Web site : www.SoCalRally.com
Sponsors : www.VwSpecialties.com www.Parts4VWs.com

Rally - I don't need no stinkin' epi pen to get my adrenalin rush !!

·
Who would JVL ban!!!!
127 Posts
Congratulations Pat and Natalie, job well done.

Pat great article in the Toronto Star newspaper, Weels Section by Richard Yong on your rally efforts including the GrN WRC attempt.
From the article I am sensing that there may be something in the works for 2005 on the world stage again? then again I may be reading too much into the article. Congratulations again.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
It's not quite a done deal. There is an oustanding appeal from COG, and Jimmy has never been one to waste people's time, so I have to believe there is merit to said appeal. Hint: Read the homologation papers regarding legal placement of water bottle.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Two questions;

1) Has the placement of the water bottle been officially annouced as the actual reason for the DQ and following appeal?

2) Has the placement of the bottle in Pat's car been changed from earlier this year or last when the car passed numerous PWRC inspections?

I particularly like Pat's approach to this, no comment to anything until everything is settled. Until then, congrat's to Pat on an outstanding year and boo to everyone who is trying to bring him down to their level by running him down.

·
Registered
803 Posts
As far as I am aware no appeal has been submitted, and until a submitted appeal is upheld, AND subsequently (and seperately) if any upheld appeal does affects the results, the results are as they stand.

So thanks to all those who have had good things to say.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Congrats! Well deserved, and what a class pair.

I have only bumped into them twice, being a lowly tech assistant at STPR and MFR, but was impressed both times by the warm people they are. Oh, I was able to see them a few times on stages at both events thanks to being a ham in one official car or another...great looking team, even with a well hammered body and borrowed windshield.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Please don't get me wrong. Pat and Nathalie have had an excellent season and certainly would be deserving champions. All I am implying is that it may take LSPR to decide the overall championship. I heard an appeal is forthcoming. If so, its resolution may well change things.

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
We were told at the event that Pat and Nat were reinstated but that reinstatement was under appeal, or something like that.

This issue needs to either be legitimized or go away.

While I am sure the yellow shirts are handling this the best they can, this, in my opinion, is doing everybody a disservice. The SCCA needs to enforce the rule deffinitively one way or another and needs to stick with that.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The Pro Rally Rules spell out the procedure for Protest and Appeal. The yellow shirts have nothing to do with it. Competitors have everything to do with it, as competitors file protests and appeals. These competitors do so because they feel they have been wronged. It is their right.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Based on what I have read it's hard to conclude in this instance that anybody has been "wronged" other than Pat and Natalie.

Steve McKelvie

Warning: Your definition of "wronged" may vary.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.