Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sno*Drift was a dominating performance. Even in cruise-mode, Pat and Nath were winning most stages. It's going to be fun to watch what happens when the Rally-America series hits gravel and Travis Pastrana and Stig Blomquist are added to the mix. Older spec Group N car or not, I wouldn't bet against Patrick repeating as champion. Congratulations to the winners.

·
Registered
472 Posts
exactly to see what happens when stig and travis hit the spot light it should very interesting for the remaining seaon if pat runs the seris again

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>Your putting Pat, Stig and Travis in the same league?
>
>Will be interesting to see Pat Vs Stig for sure.

Pastyrana has some talent. If he polishes quick he will have much to say about this year's race.

·
Registered
590 Posts
>Pastyrana has some talent.

But it appears to be mostly on 2 wheels

Matt
Somewhere north of Seattle
New & Improved GTX for '05

·
Registered
472 Posts
>
>>Pastyrana
>
>OK, if that isn't a clear sign you've spent too much time in
>the UP, I don't know what is. (Homer) Mmmm. Pasty..rana.
>(/Homer)

nice one Christan thats funny
:D :D :D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well judging by past results Stig will be the winner of everything else this year. He beat Pat by quite a few minutes at Sweden, Pat beat everyone by a few minutes at snodrift so I guess Stig will run away.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>He beat Pat by quite a few minutes at Sweden

Ummmm ... if you knew half o the story on Pat's race in Sweden you'd recognise that it isn't a fair sampling of his skills. Also, I think it is clear there was a massive leap in his skills from early 03 till now ...

What would be great would be to see Pat in the other Sutton car for a fair fight with Stig!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think Pat is a little faster than he was in 2003 PWRC.

It should be interesting to see.

And regardless of the competition on the stages, just having a rally legend and former World Champion around for most of the rounds is indeed a treat.

Remember, the 2nd car is still available if you have the $$ lined up. :))

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>>Pastyrana has some talent.
>
>But it appears to be mostly on 2 wheels
>
>Matt
>Somewhere north of Seattle
>New & Improved GTX for '05

Pastrana ran top 5 times in his first rally which was SnoDrift 04 versus Pat and ACP.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Old age and treachery?

Isn't there a rally axiom that goes something like

"Old age and treachery will overcome Youth and Skill" ?

I'll go with Stig.. :)

Frank de Kat

·
Registered
724 Posts
RE: Old age and treachery?

What I am saying is not a pot shot at Pat's skills, not at all I think that he has shown he is the best North American rally driver by a good distance. Now that being said Stig has been performing at a top level for how long? I believe the term is "donkeys years" or "a dogs age" pick whichever you would like. If you give a non-sentimental analysis of the situation, equipment, budget, crew, and experience is on stigs side. Now not to say that he cannot be beaten everyone has an off day but as a whole I think his chances are better then pretty good.

·
Registered
946 Posts

>Buffum could still beat both of them!

I hate to say it, but my Hero isn't quite as fast as he used to be... He'd have a tough time keeping up with Stig and Pat. He'd give them a go, but he's not 11/10ths anymore, more like 9/10ths. Still good enough to win if both of them had a flat tire each.

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts

It's gonna' be one INTERESTING year for US Rally !

I'm SOOOOO happy that RA has made it possible for us all
to make rally continue to GROW in the US.

Having a driver of Stig's calibre showing us how it's done
will just help us all to improve.

I hope Pat beats him all the time ..
... and some other drivers some of the time x(

·
Registered
625 Posts

As I see it ALWAYS takes the next gen of participants in almost any sport to push the envelope........ I dont care HOW much time some of these old cats have behind there belts the new guys will eventualy do things that other could not...... Please dont take those comments as any disrespect to the carriers of some of the greats of the sport, but rather the natural order of things...... Look at WRC these days..... Seems the youngins are making there way up........

As for Pat, Pastrana and stig? Well Pat has proven to be the hot driver in the US time and time again and sure did whip me last weekend, but then again does it ever get above 0 up there in canada? ;)....... As for Travis....well as much as I would like to be the next good young driver it seems that Travis has skills and dollars bills..... As for Stig? When he was in a audi I was 4 years old :)

Larry "one of the young guys"
#622 open

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Sutton's 2nd car

If you DO think you have the dollars lined up (and we're talking real money cuppled with real talent, not just one or the other)... let me know and I'll put you in touch with David Sutton.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
That is no small feat by the way. Pat is wicked fast.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts