Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting form Auckland all -
Pat's now getting rest after a week's worth of preparation, rece and shakedown The Car is happy with a new motor and a stroger box ... and Both Pat and mikael say the car and the event, are gong well.

The weather here is GREAT, and it look to continue clear and dry for the Rally. The roads are in fast condition, and the boys are staying in touch with the 'pack'

pix (low res) can be seen at www.morisoncom.com/srtc/nz/web

pix from shakedown are up

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow, what a shame! look like he went off the road on SS3 according to rallylive.com...thats too bad, looks like it was monsooning though!:'(

·
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guys are OK - they went off about 4Km from teh end of SS3 on teh corner that calimed Marko Martin last year and got Sainz two years ago ... It is a tough corner that has a reputation for having multiple offs in one event ...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know I wasn't there, I know I can't do it better than Pat, but if this corner has such a reputation...why would one not take extra care there?
Craig

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
That's a heck of a long way to go for 3 stages...but that's rallying I suppose. Shame for Pat - but onwards and upwards in Argentina!

Hey Keith - if you're out on the stages for the rest of the rally, I'm sure most of us would love to see some of your other shots!

·
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Warwick,
I'll post some pix, but maybe not till Tuesday ... I'm still hitting as many stages as I can ... and I borrowed Pat's co-driver to make it easier and quicker ;-)

The corner was marked as a caution in their book, but you have to know that it is a series of tight corners after a long fast stretch ... Kulig almost went off, his tire marks only a few inches from the exposure ... Add to that the road getting slippery form an early morning rain, and the pace they need to run to be competitive ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts