Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't see them on the entry list yet. Are we to see another last minute entry from Rocket Rally? Have they decided that the RA series is better value for the money with the Subaru contigency money and support?

Will Pat defend his winter rally unbeaten streak?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not only that, where are guys like ACP? And I thought guys like Tom Mcgeer would continue to rally, just in a personal car?

·
Registered
803 Posts
no unfortunately we are not able to make it to PN

we are on a strict budget and we made a last minute sponsorship arrangement to get to SD

hopefully we will be in a position to make future Canadian events as the year goes on

-Pat

·
Registered
204 Posts
;( I'll be there ... but unfortunately not in a car. Snow*Drift was my first winter rally and so far, the most fun I've ever had on stages. I guess I'll have to wait until 2006. ;(

Nathalie

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear that. Hope you will be able to find the money to run both series. Look forward to seeing you at the Rocky Mountain Rally.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What happened to the old Pat Richard of just a few years ago that would strap a set of tires to the roof and drive great distances just to enter an event.

You don't need a full service crew and dozens of spares. Just show up, drive 7 tenths of your ability and get a few points. Not to mention have fun :7

Just kidding, I know how expensive racing is.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Darryl

·
Registered
803 Posts
the pat richard of FIVE years ago is still the same pat, who has all of his crew in one room, who drives the truck to the rallies non stop with one other guy, who has a full volounteer service crew, who ran (and led) many USA rallies last year on all well worn tires, etc. blah blah just like everyone else

hotels, diesel, rally car fuel and food cost money, not to mention entry fees and licensing, that is the minimum if you do everything else on the cheap. If you dont have any cash to spend from sponsors or contingency (or some of your own), you cant rally. end of story !

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the update Pat. I am sure that you are diappointed that you haven't been able to find more support from the business community.

·
Registered
296 Posts
RE: Pat and sponsors...

Pat,

My company would be more than happy to sponsor your Rocky Mountain Entry.
Send me e-mail if you are interested.

Jerry

·
Registered
319 Posts
RE: Pat and sponsors...

>Pat,
>
>My company would be more than happy to sponsor your Rocky
>Mountain Entry.
>Send me e-mail if you are interested.
>
>Jerry

How could anyone refuse an offer like that! Way to go Jerry!

BTW... if Pat already has committments we'd be pleased to help you out! Complete opposite end of the spectrum.. this would be our first event if we can find money to help offset the cost of trip from Ontario.. group 5 (RWD) car running in open if they let us run national and or group 5 if it's a region class. Guarenteed to be a crowd pleaser.

-Martin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts