Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've put up all 3 angles of the 7 3/4 roll that Pastrana/Edstrom executed so nicely at the Colorado Cog Rally.

Be sure to read the commentary from Travis, Christian and Morgan.

www.vtcar.com

* would have posted this in video forum but this is way more than just a video *

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
server is getting hammered - the video is popular. Well worth the wait though.

the downloads section has the videos in a bit higher res too....

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
That is freakin awesome - makes my 3 1/2 rolls in 4 seconds look like a slo mo roll!

Glad to see that VT Car builds a strong cage!

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
>Trivia Question: What's wrong in clip #2?

Well, Travis *should* have let go of the steering wheel and crossed his arms once they started rolling. Hard to remember that at the moment, I'd imagine.

Also, to my eyes his helmet looks like it moves waaay too far off his head and may have been loose, but then again, the forces in the crash were probably more than I could imagine.

--
Mark Holden
KC0SUW

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
you can see what's wrong on the incar on the 3 way.

hint: it's more visible before the roll.

·
don't cut
4,073 Posts
>>Trivia Question: What's wrong in clip #2?

>Also, to my eyes his helmet looks like it moves waaay too far
>off his head and may have been loose, but then again, the
>forces in the crash were probably more than I could imagine.
>
>--
>Mark Holden
>KC0SUW
Had the pleasure of discussing this exact topic with Dr. Russ Norton this past weekend in Paris. The helmet movement is acceptable based on crash test dummies. That is to say, even with a crash test dummy having a solid chin that does not flex, the helmet straps flex enough to allow that much helmet movement.
Richard

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Well he only has one hand on the wheel for what seems like a little bit too long - BUT - I was not there - and other than Travis and Christian neither was anybody else - - - SO - - - why does something always have to be "WRONG"

We all learn from our - and others - mistakes - nuff said.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Second hint needed? Someone other than Mark and Steve must have noticed this. Okay, it's nothing Travis or Christian are doing, but it's definitely "Wrong".

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
>Second hint needed? Someone other than Mark and Steve must
>have noticed this. Okay, it's nothing Travis or Christian are
>doing, but it's definitely "Wrong".

Okay - I think I got it - the Roll cage padding next to Travis's head is facing the wrong way (out) leaving the part where his head might hit unprotected - and yes, I'll say it - that is wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts