Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I?m going to put some money where my mouth is. There are an awful lot of people out there who have never heard a rally car and a handful who have never even heard of rally.

There are also an awful lot of dedicated rally teams that never emerge from their shops to tell anyone what they do every couple of weekends.

So, to try to reach out to more folks, and to try to get some teams to assume the position of ambassadors of the sport, I?ll pay $100 to anyone who can get their rally car on radio, along with and explanation of the sport, and info on how to get more involved. A good memorable rally story won?t hurt either, but you don?t need it for the prize.

That?s pretty much the rules, but you have to prove to me that you actually did it, and the proof is at my discretion. Also, it has to be an actual competition vehicle, and I?m going to limit one team to one trip to the same radio station. Different teams at the same radio station are fine, as long as they air at different times. This imitative only applies to North American Radio Stations. Finally, I?m only going to keep this going for a max of 30 pay outs, 10 max for Canada. I may have to change the rules depending on how things progress.

Alright, let?s see who can pull this off.

-Matt

·
Registered
426 Posts
A week before the Bighorn Rally 2003,(the last year it was a national event), my co-driver and I did a 15 minute live on the air q&a on am1260 sports radio in Edmonton. The announcers were really excited about rally and the 15 minutes flew by in a flash. I tried to get a recording of the broadcast, but they never did send it to me. The interview was set up by the organizers of the Bighorn rally, who then offered the air time to us. Does that count? If it does, I'm sure they would appreciate your donation! :)

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Great idea Matt! and Thanks!

We just sent out an invitation to 11 radio stations (and 5 TV and 7 newspapers) to attend the media day (Thurs) for the Rocky Mountain Rally .... We'll see if we can get some of that $$ up here in Calgary!

Shawn

Rocky Mountain Rally
http://www.rockymountainrally.com
Calgary, Alberta
May 27-28, 2005

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I look foward to sending some $$$ (well, I look foward to getting more buzz about rally) I clarified the rules a little in the USA Forum;

1. The prize if for now or future radio appearances, so 2003 doesn't count, but if you can get back on that show this year it would.

2. It has to be your effort, so you can't just have an interview with the media that the organizer or sanctioning body has brought to the event. However, Shawn, if you did the work to get the radio, as long as you get your message and your car on the air, you get money.

After seeing all thoes awsome spectators, I should have known this would be an easy challange north of the border. :)
-Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts