Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

The new WCRA Facebook account is up and running and the first event listing is for PFR! Stop by or point your bowser to www.rallybc.com for event details. We have some new roads and a new finish venue so this promises to be the best PFR ever.

·
I put the hurt on dirt
248 Posts
Sups?

guess what? from 98052 (redmond wa)
google says mount hood and merrit bc are both 4hrs 12 minutes. 20mi longer to hood.

I was planning on doing PFR, but now I need some more info to make the decision.

Adam.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Any new roads?
Tony was getting a little ahead of himself in posting that! We have been looking at some new roads, but they won't be in yet this year. We are reversing the direction of the Comstock stage, because it runs Friday night, and reversing it eliminates the hazard of rally lights blasting head-on into traffic on the highway.

Paul

·
Registered
730 Posts
It's actually kinda fun the other way too. I beleive we ran it that direction at one of the events in 2004.
Indeed - in fact I seem to remember some "heading straight for the photographer" drama at the hairpin last time we ran it in that direction! Lesson learned on where it's OK to stand...

Paul

·
I put the hurt on dirt
248 Posts
We'll be there.
is there any way to get "everything" done if we show up 6pm thursday?
like one pass on the roads?
i've worked twice, it was SUPER muddy or there was snow.
should I spread my tire selection?

what will it take to beat Kris Schofield on his "home" turf?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Indeed - in fact I seem to remember some "heading straight for the photographer" drama at the hairpin last time we ran it in that direction! Lesson learned on where it's OK to stand...

Paul
From what I remember, that haiping sneaks up on you really fast going "downhill". I know I've always found it easier going uphill, better sight lines that way.

·
Registered
730 Posts
is there any way to get "everything" done if we show up 6pm thursday?
like one pass on the roads?
If I know when you're arriving, I can make arrangements to get you waivered and out on the recce late, even if you miss the end of the official registration period (noon-3pm).

The thursday and friday recce periods do cover different roads, so if you only have the last 2 hours of thursday's recce, you might not get one pass of every stage, and so you'll have to prioritize. I'd aim to make sure you do a single pass of Princeton Cutoff (know where the big drop-offs and gotchas are!), and Helmer (because of its length) - maybe not worry so much if you can't make Nicola. Just remember during the event that your confidence in where the road goes over that crest depends on whether you had no recce, 1 pass or 2 passes of that particular stage.

·
Rally Organizer/ Co-Driver
389 Posts
I drove up it like 3 weeks ago, and it was rough all over. The only people who drive that road are rancher, or rally cars :p so it never really gets smoothed over.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Princeton Cutoff? Have the 'death ruts' been graded at least?
Well, it's no worse than last year, except that the grass is taller. I did make it through in my new skid-plate-less Celica, but there are places where I drive offset to the ruts, so if you always drive centred in the ruts you will test your skid plate in a few places.

I do have to share one amazing thing about that stage: From the service park last year, we could follow the cars' headlights across almost the whole stage, even to the point of seeing someone being caught up and passed!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
what will it take to beat Kris Schofield on his "home" turf?
Is that a rhetorical question? There is NOTHING you can do to beat Kris ;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts