Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get confused w/the points for overall.

pat finished 10th and leon had an unfortunate dnf after running a great rally.

does leon still have a chance with two rallies left?

i would really like to see this one go down to the last stage of the last event. that would be very exciting.

·
Registered
415 Posts
There is a maximum of 22 points to be had at an event. With two events left, Leon could have a season total of 66+44=110. Pat currently has 94 points. So over the next two races, he would need to score a total of 16 points. A tie would go to Pat at this point.

To make it simple, If Pat can take second at Cog, he clinches. 15 points for second, 1 for the start, 1 for the finish, making 111 season points.

Jeff Burmeister
SpecialStage.com
The North American Rally Resource
http://www.SpecialStage.com

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is great to see the championship not be a total blow out. either one would be a great champion and they both deserve it. i hope leon is able to hit both events and be trouble free so it can be decided on times.

·
Registered
946 Posts
>i get confused w/the points for overall.
>
>pat finished 10th and leon had an unfortunate dnf after
>running a great rally.
>
>does leon still have a chance with two rallies left?
>
>i would really like to see this one go down to the last
>stage of the last event. that would be very exciting.

Pat is probably a bit too far ahead to catch in Overall.

I believe Leon is in great shape for Open class.

Pretty much, both guys win an important championship.

Trevor

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think winning the overall championship in a group N car (at least what he has used thus far) is a pretty big achievment.

I don't want to diminish Leon's results, but when was the last time the SCCA overall championship was won by someone who wasn't also the open class winner? (I guess I could look but I'm too lazy)

In fact, what I predicted would happen, has happened, in that after Pat got to that big initial lead, that the remaining wins of the season would be pretty fragmented (there are a bunch of other good drivers out there) and no one driver would garner enough points to pass him.

Pat is going to be pretty hard to catch in CARS as well (if it isn't already sewn up, again no disrespect to ACP).

Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts