Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am stuck at my computer--writing a wretched paper on management accountability--while friends from the CRS and the WCRS and new friends from Rally America are up in Oregon having a fantastic weekend of high speed and adrenelin. (Oh, and since this isn't STPR, suds as well.) How jealous I am!
I'm missing the debut of "Lily Red", Amy and Claire's new Lancer Evo 8--those ladies will have a blast flying fast! I am missing the hospitality of team Tabor and Big Ben.
And just when I thought you couldn't do better than to have a driver named Dash, he goes and enters with a co-driver named Weld--someone is missing an awesome sponship opportunity.
Of course, my money is on 99, but then I am biased--I know the fastest right seat in North America. Whaaaaa, whaaa, whaaa, whaaa (or however you spell go fast sounds). Have fun gang, everyone be safe and I'll see you at RIM.

Sister glow legs (aka Carolyn)

"No outfit is complete without pet fur."

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just heard from Claire of Amy & Claire, car 14. (Imagine that, she had cell service!) The gals are having a great time at OT shaking down Lily, their brand new, very red Lancer Evo 8. They took it easy Friday, just learning the car and having fun. Claire says Lily is running beautifully. Amy's smile was so big I could hear it over the phone. You go girls!

Sister Glowlegs (aka Carolyn)

·
Registered
472 Posts
my brother is out there servicing for car 93 but i guess they dnf'ed because the codriver got sick. and i wanted to go but i cant miss school

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
RE: OT-Wish I was still there

Running todays stages was nothing short of awesome - for the most part.

The first two stages Derek was learning the language of notes. At the end of the 2nd today, he says to me "OK, i've got this notes thing down." He proved it with consistency, proper car placement, and excellent times. Rally-America has him misquoted on their live updates; he wasn't "cautiously optistic" or whatever was written, in fact, we were VERY optimistic. Derek's actual quote was "This notes stuff makes rallying easy." He was later quoted as saying "I'm driving the car so slow that it's really hard to get the car to rotate."

This, from the 7th car overall in the club (at the time) - a 20 year old Volkswagen running on carbs.

He very much so can drive that car faster. You 4wd guys better hope he doesn't start allotting a budget to a national campaign or there's going to be some serious sideways envy going on. ;)

But as the saying goes: "To finish first, one must first finish." Stage 13 saw us launch with blast and a terrific attack in the making. It was not to last long as the engine went away 1.3 miles in. We found a decent enough parking spot were he could tool on the car, and I could moon the passers-by out on their brisk Saturday drives.

The car will not be ready for tomorrow, unfortunately.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE: OT-Wish I was still there

Thanks for the update Jason. Glad to hear that there was a visible full moon in all that overcast and rain. Sorry about the DNF--evidently you didn't wish hard enough when you blew your birthday candles out last Monday. See you at RIM!
Sister glow legs (aka Carolyn)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts