Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone flying into Portland Thurs 4/21, 8pm
and/or departing Portland Sun 4/24, 8:45pm

Please drop me an e-mail if you have space for a passenger.

Thanx,

Ole

·
Vote Libertarian next time!
447 Posts
One of the unique things about Oregon Trail is there is a metro train that leaves right from the airport and after a simple transfer drops you 200 yards from the Red Lion Hotel. Just get off at the Washington County Fairgrounds/Hillsboro Airport stop. You'll see the hotel before the stop anyway.

Now-a-days you'll spend more than the $2.50 fare on gas in a car anyway.

John Elkin
"Don't go where the road don't go."- Ringo Starr

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, I've looked at that route ... but from what I saw, with transfers, etc, it can take an hour and a half or more to get from the airport to the hotel ???

(as I understood the schedule, you have to take a transfer at the downtown station ?)

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>yup, I've looked at that route ... but from what I saw, with
>transfers, etc, it can take an hour and a half or more to get
>from the airport to the hotel ???
>
>(as I understood the schedule, you have to take a transfer at
>the downtown station ?)

You are correct. You have to transfer from the Red line to the Blue line somewhere between the Gateway Transit Center and the Sunset Transit Center (changing at Pioneer Courthouse Square is always fun for people-watching, and they have a Starbucks there). When I took the ride a couple years about it took about 1:15 for the trip.

Unfortunately I will not be able to offer a ride, I'm scheduled for other rally-related activities at that time.

Ben

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Ole, I may in the area of the airport for your flight in on Thursday. It's possible I could pick you up. I'll know more at the beginning of next week, will letcha know.

For the trip home, however, i'll be out the door fairly quick, as it can be 5 hours from portland to bellingham (though I made it to portland FROM bellingham in 3hrs 40 minutes once).

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Ole,

Can't offer you a ride (looking for one myself) but our hotel has given me the name and number of the shuttle service they use from the airport. If you find yourself stuck let me know and I'll pass along the info.

See you next week,

Nathalie

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey, Ole, I live less than 10 min. from the airport. I can match the MAX train transit time of 1:15, which includes a scheduled beverage stop ;-) Oh, and all your stuff has to fit in a Miata. If you beg I'll strap you to the roll bar.

Kala
Fling Pu

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Looks like I won't do Ole any good, but if anyone else needs a lift (I have a rental):
arr 10:30pm Thur
leave 10:45pm Sun

press on,

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well Ole...I would say if you could wait out at the PDX until 12:35am Friday morning..Pat and I could take you to Red Lion, but we are not leaving until Monday afternoon to fly back out to LA.

If you do not get a lift...just e-mail us....

Denise McMahon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts