Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do organizers need their own organization? Or perhaps just a forum where only approved people can get to it with the forum being limited to just those with given titles and responsibilities in organizing rallies. In other words, don't let the drivers know how much money we are making by putting on events and how we work to make these events as confusing as possible.

Discussion welcomed. Anders? It was your idea after all.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
Do organizers need their own organization? Or perhaps just a forum where only approved people can get to it with the forum being limited to just those with given titles and responsibilities in organizing rallies. In other words, don't let the drivers know how much money we are making by putting on events and how we work to make these events as confusing as possible.
I suspect that it would be easy enough to set up a private forum here, if there is interest (but I have to check with the other guys before I make any promises).

Ben

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well, we already have a "private" organizers forum over on the RA boards and it gets about 2 posts a year. Seriously, there seem to be about 3 of us who even pay attention to it, those being myself, Richard and Mr. SnoDrift jandreini. Certainly it doesn't encompass all the organizers, but I sense a serious lack of interest.

Brad

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know Brad. Rallyists are independent cusses and us organizers are much the same. I'm thinking if we set up a private forum similar to that on RA, we can include the NASA people too. May want to exclude Bruce and Wilson though. :) In all seriousness, both those guys are closely associated with specific sanctioning bodies.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
May want to exclude Bruce and Wilson though. :) In all seriousness, both those guys are closely associated with specific sanctioning bodies.
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers. "

- Wm. Shakespeare, HENRY VI (PART 2), Act IV, Scene II

(Spoken by Dick the Butcher, leading a group plotting revolution.)

Bruce

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
I did a google for "organizers union" and got this. It's our new logo:

But Brad, two organizers forums could get things up to 4 posts a year! ;)

Anders

·
Right Side Ballast
775 Posts
Not an organizer but a kind of "organizer of organizers" so forgive the post. Yahoo discussion groups make for good private forums -- or is it fora?

Dick
CRS Director

·
pressing on tirelessly
2,225 Posts
Before I send in my union fees, I would like to know what the retirement benefits are of this union.

Also, would I have to work weekends?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Hey Brad I did post on the RA Organizers forum and that handshake looks too masculine! It needs a female touch....hahhahahaha

Denise McMahon

·
Registered
289 Posts
Only the people who were experts at PROC. They were called.............PROC--tologists.

(Man, what a set-up....couldn't resist. Thanks, Joe.)

·
Lake Superior Region
106 Posts
Organizers can't get organized, therefore we need committees because, as individuals we get nothing done; and as a committee we decide that nothing can be done!
I'm all for a 'private' forum for sharing hints, ideas and shortcuts.
Sign me up!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
So when Organizers get mad and want to picket someone, who do they picket? The competitors? I can see the signs now: "Competitors Unfair to Organizers!"

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
not having remembered the original thread, I just read through two pages highlighting lack of leadership, initiative, and knowledge...

I guess all is still well with the world

1 - 19 of 19 Posts